Barn Fresh Pig - I Finally Got One! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up this 73 FJ55 today after a lot of searching. It has been sitting in a barn. It currently has no motor, transmission, transfer case however I have everything but the block. The frame is very good and the body is not bad in Landcruiser terms. Interior is pretty good also. I'm currently building a shop and this will be my first project in the new shop. I'm thinking about a SOA lift and maybe a chey 350. Opinions?

Also, look at the pic of the rim. Is this a stock rim that came on a 55?

Last edited:
congrats on the score :)..........have a motor a 4 speed and a TC if you are needy; where are you located?;

Lou

Howdy! Good catch! That'll keep ya busy for a while. V8s and spring overs are evil, it would mean you have gone to the dark side, like me!! Pigs are awsome with about a foot of lift, a few more cylinders and gears, and 35 to 27 meats. They are literally TANKS on the trail. I maya be a bit biased, as I have been wheeling mine for about 20 years. John

I'm in Georgia. I already have a 74 FJ40 and the more I've looked at the 55's, the more I've wanted one. They really do look cool with some lift and some meaty tires. Where's the 2F, trans., and TC located?

in Alabama, south of Bham; isn't that the one from Tallapoosa?

Lou

It may be the same one. I bought it in Heflin near Talapoosa. Do you know some history on it?

Thanks

congrats on pig purchase! I almost bought that rig back in september. Did you get the parts rig he was trying to sell as well?

parts rig didn't belong to him; he never could get in touch with the owner or anyone who claimed to own it..........took some pix of it and placed them here on the forum last fall;

Lou

I didn't get the other rig. It's not available right now but maybe in the future. I believe it's got a lot of potential.

I'm in Georgia. I already have a 74 FJ40 and the more I've looked at the 55's, the more I've wanted one. They really do look cool with some lift and some meaty tires. Where's the 2F, trans., and TC located?

Hey there - you should come to our monthly meeting tomorrow night. We have a few :pig: fans that could give you some pointers on your resto/ buildup. What part of Ga. are you located? Check out our club web page with directions to the meeting: www.georgiacruisers.org

I live about 125 miles south of Atlanta. I appreciate the invitation and I do like Fudruckers but I have a fundraising meeting tomorrow night for my son's High School baseball & football. Maybe I can make the next one.

Thanks

Hey there - you should come to our monthly meeting tomorrow night. We have a few :pig: fans that could give you some pointers on your resto/ buildup. What part of Ga. are you located? Check out our club web page with directions to the meeting: www.georgiacruisers.org
I have a 72 pig w/ an great v8 conversion in it and I will be at the meeting tonight. To bad you can't come and check it out!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom