Barn door conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Barn door and tailgate 80's have a totally different design to the rear opening and it would require a very serious engineering job to accomplish. My 80 is ex-factory barn door DX (aka pov-pack base model) with part-time 4wd. Barn door sets aren't the problem - it's the structural work required that is. Very serious job and probably much more serious than a ute chop conversion.

Wow, my pig is 46 years old. Don't know what world you live in.
My apologies for not being clear. This thread you resurrected from the dead and buried has not seen the light of day for 14 years. Look at the post dates. I think the original poster has moved on.

This thread you resurrected from the dead and buried has not seen the light of day for 14 years.

Yeah, but I got a fresh "like" out of it :grinpimp:

Would be cool to do a double hinge setup for the tailgate part. Like Honda has on the Ridgeline. Then you could pop open the hatch, and open the bottom either down or sideways.

We damaged our rear doors beyond repair and Sofia is too short to reach over the tailgate, same as the original thread starter so we're having a go at this conversion.

Here's us getting started:

Changing a tailgate 80 to barn door, or vice versa, is entirely possible but very extensive. Loads of engineering involved to get it right and then get the modified vehicle re-approved to a different 'factory spec' config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom