Baja Trip Report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
Yeah, I know this isn't a Cruiser but lots have been asking me about the Baja trip I just went on so I thought I would type it up.

A few weeks ago, Pirate4x4.com was contacted to participate in the media launch of the new Can-Am Maverick X3. Lance could not go so he offered up the spot to me and I jumped on it like Andrew on a rust spot.

Fast forward to last Saturday. They flew us to San Diego and the guys at www.gobajariding.com picked us up at the airport and took us to Ensenada.

There we had a media brief from the development team and a detailed walk-around of the vehicle.

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

We had some SUPERB seafood that night in Ensenada and the next morning we took off down the pacific coast in these amazing machines.

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

These things are wicked fast and superbly balanced. I was airing it out with 2 grown men in it over cattle gaps. Flying. 85 mph. All day long.

image-X3.jpg

They let us hit a dune track early one. It was fun. Videos to come.

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

Baja totally embraces off road vehicles. They treated us great everywhere. We would dust out people and they just waved. It was odd and great all at once.

image-X3.jpg

Lunch was awesome at dive in San Vicente

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

We crossed Hwy 1 at KM101 and headed into the mountains for Mike's Sky Ranch

image-X3.jpg

We did high speed trails, whoops and some hills. One guy from Car and Driver ate s*** and rolled. He is lucky to be alive, if you look how far down it is here. He landed on the edge.

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

Mike's Sky Ranch of Baja legend.

A cold pool oasis in the mountains of Baja. Called the Sky Ranch because it was only accessible by airplane at one time. Now it is a Baja must do. No electricity other than a generator. COLD water pool. Hard ass beds and superb margaritas and carne asada. I could live at this place.

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

The next day we took off to the east towards the high desert. We tracked along last years baja 1000 trail hitting the famous Goat Trail and some super fast whoops.

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

Gas stop at Valley de Trinidad. All the Pentex stations had hot chicks fueling. Full serve. Gas was $3 a gallon. The dude in red was from Moscow

image-X3.jpg

The Pine Forest is a Baja national park area. Huge Ponderosa pines in the middle of the desert. Super cool.

image-X3.jpg

This guy flagged us down and stopped our group after our trail leader had passed. I didn't understand him, but he clearly did not want us on his land. Bruno from GoRideBaja turned back and spoke with him. Turns out, he is the land owner of nearly 2 MILLION acres in this area. Long time family ownership, passed down to heirs. Seems the race promoters have screwed him over in areas before and wanted to show he was in charge. Bruno spoke to him and all was good. No money changed hands which surprised me.

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

image-X3.jpg

Yeah....I tagged it a few places with Are and Eat stickers. Looks like we all just need to go back.

Seriously, one thing this trip showed me is that using the proper local support and guides I was able to go somewhere I had only dreamed of going in the past in only 4 days away from home.

Www.gobajariding.com would take you on this exact trip for $2200 from SAN Diego. All inclusive. Get there. Don't touch your wallet after.

Bruno was the bomb. Bad ass dude.

IMG_7838.JPG

And I tagged

IMG_7839.JPG

Looks like an awesome time.

Those would be a blast in Big Bend if they would let you.

Awesome trip.

So question is: when do you take delivery on yours?

I'm getting my passport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom