Bad fan clutch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Adding this to the " i read it on MUD last night, now i have that problem too bucket." This is why I don't let my wife ever read WDmed....NOTE: i am ignoring a HG threads!!!

Assuming I have Fan clutch-itis. Engine off, continues to spin for 2-3 seconds. With key out, and in my pocket it also free spins cold, free spins warm, free spins hot.

How should I prioritize this? PO installed New radiator (2015). Temp gauge on dash never gone above center. Scan gauge usually 174-185.

OEM replacement or Wits End Blue? (knee deep in those threads, good reading!!)

Doing the dizzy oring, crank seal and pump seal in a couple weeks...good timing.

Below 200? Drive it.

Adding this to the " i read it on MUD last night, now i have that problem too bucket." This is why I don't let my wife ever read WDmed....NOTE: i am ignoring a HG threads!!!

Assuming I have Fan clutch-itis. Engine off, continues to spin for 2-3 seconds. With key out, and in my pocket it also free spins cold, free spins warm, free spins hot.

How should I prioritize this? PO installed New radiator (2015). Temp gauge on dash never gone above center. Scan gauge usually 174-185.

OEM replacement or Wits End Blue? (knee deep in those threads, good reading!!)

Doing the dizzy oring, crank seal and pump seal in a couple weeks...good timing.

So it isn't even going above 190°?

Stop worrying.

Sounds like its doing fine (for your current weather conditions). 193° F is the 'normal' operating temperature, so you are already below that.

I'd check it next summer when temps are higher.

If your scangague is reading 174-185, you're doing better than most of us! Leave it alone.

I'll leave it alone, and keep driving it, and not worry about it and fix the cc canister and oil leaks and replace old scaly hoses and rebuild knuckles first and dump the fan clutch into the fix it later bucket of slop that's backlogged.

Thanks all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom