Auxiliary Fuel Tanks for 200s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are contemplating the 40 gallon, we are overland and also tow as well. Any drawbacks you have with yours?

No drawbacks on the tank at all other than the fill speed. For some reason it can only refill at the low speed.

Their customer service is excellent.

Mine has been good at full transfer—of course, assuming the main is near enough to empty. But the main only holds 24.6 though, and rarely actually has room to take the full 24 from the LrA...So that could be the reason. When you main says empty, it’s really got several gallons left...meaning not enough room for a full transfer anyway.

I also have a faster transfer pump on my LRA, so...?

Thanks. Yeah, on the road I’ll start a transfer when the main dips to about 1/4 remaining and I’ll let it fill till auto off. Then when the main dips to about 1/2 I’ll hit the transfer again to get the rest but I’ll have to run it to the auto off timer a couple times and it still doesn’t consistently take a 24gal refill. May look into the faster pump and see what happens.

Thanks. Yeah, on the road I’ll start a transfer when the main dips to about 1/4 remaining and I’ll let it fill till auto off. Then when the main dips to about 1/2 I’ll hit the transfer again to get the rest but I’ll have to run it to the auto off timer a couple times and it still doesn’t consistently take a 24gal refill. May look into the faster pump and see what happens.
I have the 12.5 tank. I have only once had it take 12.5 gal. My normal fill is 11 to 11.8 gal. I have had both pumps with the same results. The one time it did take 12.5 was the last time I filled it up before putting the faster pump in. Don't think the pump will make a difference.

I have the 12.5 tank. I have only once had it take 12.5 gal. My normal fill is 11 to 11.8 gal. I have had both pumps with the same results. The one time it did take 12.5 was the last time I filled it up before putting the faster pump in. Don't think the pump will make a difference.

Ya, I doubt the pump matters too... Just throwing yhat tidbit in since I wondered if there was a chance the “empty sensor” might have a short lag...
-Wondered if perhaps the faster pump dumps a bit more of the last bit of sloshing fuel in the time it takes for auto shut-off to shut down compared with stock pump. No idea... Just thinkin of variables... :meh:

The lag time to shut off when the Red empty light comes on can be set at 0,1,2,3 or 4 minutes. If you want to change it I have the manual on how to program it.

The lag time to shut off when the Red empty light comes on can be set at 0,1,2,3 or 4 minutes. If you want to change it I have the manual on how to program it.

That would be great to know.
I don’t think I ever had a manual for it...

Would you mind posting the link here?
I'm hoping to get mine installed next month and would like this as well.

The manual will come with your install instructions, if you ask for it. For the LC200's the only real option is how long you want the pump to run when it hit's the empty mark. If you use the included pump you can hear it change sound when it's hits actual empty, vs sensor says empty. The pump when pumping air starts to sound like wood pecker. Most people leave it as is set from factory, If you don't hear that sound you know you still have some reserve fuel and can hit the button for it to pump for a couple more minutes. I'm not sure how to attach a PDF file to a post.

I suspect this weekend and next week (at least for this area) likely see some fuel shortages.

2020-07-29-at-2130.JPG

The manual will come with your install instructions, if you ask for it. For the LC200's the only real option is how long you want the pump to run when it hit's the empty mark. If you use the included pump you can hear it change sound when it's hits actual empty, vs sensor says empty. The pump when pumping air starts to sound like wood pecker. Most people leave it as is set from factory, If you don't hear that sound you know you still have some reserve fuel and can hit the button for it to pump for a couple more minutes. I'm not sure how to attach a PDF file to a post.

I suspect this weekend and next week (at least for this area) likely see some fuel shortages.

View attachment 2387881

The only thing I will add, having had both the original pump and the faster pump, is that the faster pump (unlike the original pump) for me actually get quieter when it is no longer pumping gas. The original for me is very quiet when pumping gas and gets loud when not. The faster has a little sound when pumping and almost silent when no gas to pump.

Fill speed doesn’t hit my radar as far as a deal breaker goes... besides, good things come to those who wait.

Thanks for the info!

The fill speed has been a deal breaker for me. I hate pumping gas and the only reason to consider this was to save time and range anxiety (I have to fill up every 200-250 miles which translates to every other day for me).

The fill speed has been a deal breaker for me. I hate pumping gas and the only reason to consider this was to save time and range anxiety (I have to fill up every 200-250 miles which translates to every other day for me).
I have the 40 gallon. Any fill speed issues, for me, have been the same as before the tank install. I seem to encounter the same number of pumps, with aux tank, that require me to hold the handle and modulate the rate (so they don't click off) as I did before the aux tank. Also, any sensitive pumps seem to like to click off on the main fill, but run wide open on the aux fill.
I don't feel that the install of the aux tank made the situation worse or more frequent at all

Just curious, why is your range so low?

Just curious, why is your range so low?

I have KO2s , drive with a lead foot and love driving 80+mph on the highway. I'm not sure if my front push bar is also subtracting gas mileage. I noticed my range dropped from 300 miles to 250 once I put the RW/KO2 combo. Once I see last quarter tank of gas I go for a refill ~200 miles.

^I didn't catch what size tire you're running. Are you correcting range for tire diameter? Range may actually be better than the car is reporting.

^I didn't catch what size tire you're running. Are you correcting range for tire diameter? Range may actually be better than the car is reporting.

I'm curious what mileage to you get with 33's 4.3 gears, roof rack towing and not towing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom