Aux Fan set up for an 80 Series LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I tested several OEM fans from several different manufactures and the fan I ended up selecting a stock 100 series fan. In testing I found all aftermarket general fans do not move much air at all in addition to being smashed up against the condenser with plastic zip tie. I found no OEM set up with the fan against the condenser. The 100 AC system is one of the best I have ever experienced and the fan they use seems to move move air than the costly JDM (~$350) and much quieter. As for size some of the larger aftermarket fans seem to block air flow more than help overall. This is the main reason our fan in the picture is mounted low to give you as much natural air as possible and increase the flow where it is block now. When mounted the fan or bracket does not touch the condenser at all. I have tested and run this exact set up for over a year and it very solid without any issues.

100% complete bracket and NIB 100 series fan. Requiring one hole to be drilled between the factory horn (see pic).

IMG_2834.JPG
IMG_2861.JPG
IMG_5765.JPG

Due to several different ways to power the fan there is no wiring included. The 100 series fan is a low power draw unit at 5amp. No relay is required like other to switch the fan. I can help you on with switching if needed.

Auxiliary Fan Install <clickable link

Last edited:
Most FAQ on this set up - Will this help my 80 from overheating

Short answer - NO

Long Answer - If you are having heating problems at speed (over ~30mph) NO aux fan is going to help you. Number one help for high water temp help is a modded fan clutch preferable one set up for AZ spec (search toolsrus) I rarely see 200° pulling 7% hills in the heat of the AZ 115° summer. If you see your water temps climbing setting in traffic, AC going warm, or high water temps under low speed wheeling conditions you are a candidate for an aux fan and it will improve those conditions.

There are lots of threads out about aux fans. My set up takes the factory approach. Fan does not touch the condenser at all like the factory JDM and 100 series. After testing many fans, thanks to Amazon Prime the 100 series fan won. No surprise a 100 series has one of the best and coolest AC on any vehicle. The fan is less noisy than a JDM and only uses ~5amp making wiring straight forward with no need of a relay. Keeping it simple and reliable.

now im confused. first post says you are selling a NIB 100 series fan which leads me to believe it is OEM. post 4 says not oem. so this is an aftermarket fan you got from amazon designed for use with a 100 series truck and made a custom bracket? not bashing or implying you are trying to pull (or push, get it?) one over, just trying to be crystal clear. thanks phil for all the R and D!

now im confused. first post says you are selling a NIB 100 series fan which leads me to believe it is OEM. post 4 says not oem. so this is an aftermarket fan you got from amazon designed for use with a 100 series truck and made a custom bracket? not bashing or implying you are trying to pull (or push, get it?) one over, just trying to be crystal clear. thanks phil for all the R and D!

Yes aftermarket fan that is a direct replacement of a 100 series fan 1998-2002 With a custom bracket for a 80/LX450

Can this be purchased from your site? Very interested

PM sent!

Wiring kit includes everything pictured and a detailed wiring diagram all you need it to purchased wire. HD or Lowes 16 gauge min Landscaping cable is a good price choice.

$35 additional

20160826_140145.jpg

Last edited:
list me please

What brand of fan is this. I was looking at doing something similar, but if you use Spal brand fans, then I could save myself some time and going with your kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom