Aux Cord??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Before my 06 Land Cruiser I had an 08 Wrangler. One of my favorite things to do was play my music without the top on. This was simple and easy due to an aux cord and an aux port.

since purchasing the Land cruiser I bought a cassette player aux cord from best buy, but to say it nicely, it is a piece of crap... The sound is terrible and it hardly ever plays through all speakers.

Are there any solutions to playing music from my phone (I use spotify) to my car. The way that I would prefer to play it is through an aux cord. Any help is appreciated.

Search this forum for "Grom" "Vais" and/or "USA-spec"

I installed the Grom unit and could not be happier with it. Very non-invasive and easy to install. I stuck the unit behind the radio unit and snuck the USB cord out of the ashtray. Grom can provide you with Bluetooth, AUX, or USB intreface, or all 3. Really nice, flexible solution.

Tip on the tape adapter, turn down the volume on your player and turn up the volume on the stereo. It will take most of the distortion out of the audio. It is still a lousy way of doing it, but it may just string you along a bit further.

Going through something similar and didn't want to remove the head unit. Tried a ground loop nose eliminator that took a lot of the back ground noise out.

Took it a step further and added an Ankur Bluetooth 4.0 system. Plugs into your USB and an AUX/Tape. Runs circles around the factory bluetooth phone and allows music to play as well. At less than $20, cheap enough to try.

-Rob

Search this forum for "Grom" "Vais" and/or "USA-spec"

Listen to this guy. Nothing going through your tape deck will come close. I chose USA-Spec for their small size. it sits under the left vent behind the dash. Super easy to install.

Thanks for all your help. I ended up going the ole Best Buy way. Bought a tranzit USB is32 and had them install it. Sound quality is good and looks stock IMO

IMG_0982.JPG

Looks good. Mind if I ask details and pricing?

It is a tranzit USB is32. It cost me around $150 at Best Buy and that included installation cost. I talked to the installer about where to put it and we decided it would look best in between the 12 volt and the cigarette lighter. It works through the radio so you put the radio on the required station and turn it on, and you can play your music! Any other questions I can help with.

This is what the box looked like

IMG_0955.JPG

Anyone know how to get this to work? This aux cord was installed before I purchased my '06 from a dealership, and they didn't know how it worked.

zux.jpg

If it's anything like the Grom TOYNA1 I just installed, simply put the stereo on disc, plug in your phone (or whatever you plan to use) and it should just work... maybe the 3.5mm cable is disconnected somewhere behind the dash if you're not getting any sound?

BTW, for anyone else simply looking for an AUX input, as I was, the Grom TOYNA1 works wonderfully. Super easy to install and the unit is extremely small and fits easily behind the navi unit.

If it's anything like the Grom TOYNA1 I just installed, simply put the stereo on disc, plug in your phone (or whatever you plan to use) and it should just work... maybe the 3.5mm cable is disconnected somewhere behind the dash if you're not getting any sound?

BTW, for anyone else simply looking for an AUX input, as I was, the Grom TOYNA1 works wonderfully. Super easy to install and the unit is extremely small and fits easily behind the navi unit.

As soon as I put the stereo on Disc, it begins playing the 6 disc changer, and nothing comes through the aux. I tried removing the 6 disc cartridge from the center console, but still nothing through the aux. I'll check behind the dash and see if it's disconnected.

try scanning radio stations while your aux is playing.

Hey man, would this work with a 2002 landcruiser with nav

I'm sure it would. I bought it from best buy. I would give them a call, but I'm pretty sure it would work for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom