autocad files for the 60 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven't use Autocad in years, well since I picked up Solidworks. Is it even possible to take a .dxf file and import, what looks like a mesh model, into Solidworks? I've only had success w/ .iges type files. Anyone know the secret of importing 3d geometry .dxf into Solidworks?

By the way, thanks for the hook up!

I had one of my drafters export an iges out of autocad...

Kavik said:
I haven't use Autocad in years, well since I picked up Solidworks. Is it even possible to take a .dxf file and import, what looks like a mesh model, into Solidworks? I've only had success w/ .iges type files. Anyone know the secret of importing 3d geometry .dxf into Solidworks?

By the way, thanks for the hook up!

Didn't think it was possible to take a .dxf file and bring it into Solidworks. Could be wrong though.

It will import, but only as a 2d sketch in one plane. When I tried to pull it in, it only gave me the roof:doh:

rats......great drawing but out of scale with my drawings......

rembered how to scale.....pics to follow in another thread.

lunyou

Last edited:
anyone have these floating around still? they aren't on the above site anymore, if you've got them, karl at neuhorizons dot net
thanks!

PLEEEESE?
erewhon00 (those are zeros) @yahoo.com

Super duper thanks!

I found the old file... it is a zip file with 15 cars. The cars are in a wire frame and you have to render them. Here is the fj62 with layers. The layer names look French.
untitled.JPG

I found the old file... it is a zip file with 15 cars. The cars are in a wire frame and you have to render them. Here is the fj62 with layers. The layer names look French.

any chance i could get you to send that my way? If I get it i'll send it to some other mudders, since i did bring this thread back from the dead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom