Aussie fj55 lover hi new to the forum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got to the bottom of my electrical problems after the problems with the speakers. a few days later the engine wouldn't shutdown with the key so I stalled it and the next day the battery was at two volts. I tried charging it but my charger didn't have enough oomph. My auto sparky charged it for me but couldn't get my car in for another week. The edic motor had jammed and burnt out had to wait a week to get one from Qld which cost $350. Picked it up yesterday so nice to get it back. Back at work today and a mate says should of asked me I've got two edic motors in the shed you could of had. Always the way!!!

Bit of rain last couple of days and the wipers are playing up again. The lock nut must've loosened again making stereo and heater hoses move in cab

Hi guys been following along just haven't posted for awhile. Got my extractors and exhaust put in but wasn't happy with exhaust as it had a solid mount at the rear which when the car was warm and stopped at lights it would vibrate the whole car. So I took it to an exhaust shop and they put some rubber mounts and a flange just behind muffler and a dump end so it doesn't blow black stuff up the side of the car. I got the fuel tank venting properly also. This last week I got a new brake master cylinder as the old one was leaking around the switches at the bottom and the front passenger side brake calliper was leaking so got a seal kit put in and new pistons as they were badly rusted. The 2h is getting 14 litres per 100 kms which I'm quite happy with. Tyres and rims next. In non landcruiser related news I found out I have an older sister my mom had her when she was 19 and adopted her out times were very different in them days and a child out of wedlock wasn't done. Mom didn't even know it was a girl until last week. My sister and I are looking forward to meeting her next month. We go through life losing so many family and friends it is really nice to gain.

Mam, I just saw this post - did you meet your sister?

I have met my sister it was a really wonderful day she is so much like my mom in looks and personality. Also met her adoptive parents lyn and robin who are really good people unfortunately her father robin has dementia. Mom and dad also met Teresa's husband and her three boys. It has been a very positive experience and we're all looking forward to reconnecting as a family.

Teresa is in the middle

image.jpeg

I have met my sister it was a really wonderful day she is so much like my mom in looks and personality. Also met her adoptive parents lyn and robin who are really good people unfortunately her father robin has dementia. Mom and dad also met Teresa's husband and her three boys. It has been a very positive experience and we're all looking forward to reconnecting as a family.

That is really cool! What a great surprise!
Thanks for answering. I was hoping you got to meet her...

Got a set of rims powder coated to go on the cruiser just need tyres now a big step seeing this is how it all started " just a two inch lift and a set of 33s"

image.jpeg

Finally got to take the cruiser for a night fishing and a bit of a drive through some forestry caught no fish and couldn't get back up one hill after a bit of rain had to cut my way out another old track with the chainsaw. My gearbox started making a hell of a noise the main bearing on the end of the shaft was shot I got another 60 series gearbox with air actuated transfer took the transfer off as it doesn't fit in the chassis rails but my transfer was shot there was teeth floating in there so matts going to build one out of the two I just need to buy three bearings. I don't think the gearbox liked the new tyres as much as I do

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just got back from Granville harbour and the pieman river after a week of camping. Caught a salmon on a lure at the mouth of the river Australia day. cruiser performed over and beyond my expectation. I did put the fan into the radiator in a bog hole going to have to change to a thermo fan as the 2h fan is a bit close. Took the radiator out and remove some of the first core and crimped it drove home next day and only used approximately 2 Litre's of water.
IMG_20170123_171601.jpg

IMG_20170127_132914.jpg

IMG_20170128_112804.jpg

Spent the weekend at the forth valley blues festival. Great weekend great music and a really great atmosphere. I borrowed a roof top tent to try for the weekend went really well had a little trouble getting up the ladder the first night in my inebriated state!!!
IMG_20170317_121438.jpg
IMG_20170317_121438.jpg
IMG_20170317_121401.jpg

I borrowed a roof top tent to try for the weekend went really well had a little trouble getting up the ladder the first night in my inebriated state!!!

This is something I've thought about regarding RTTs, just getting up and down the ladder throughout the night. Good to see you getting to use the 55.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom