August 18 Hoedown (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anybody have a set of wheel spacers they want to sell and bring to hoedown? .5 - 1.5"... somewhere in that range. The 40 is all over the steering!

Anybody have a set of wheel spacers they want to sell and bring to hoedown? .5 - 1.5"... somewhere in that range. The 40 is all over the steering!

I have 2 scrap .25" ones if they will help. I didn't have enough threads left after putting them behind my wheels.

not sure. I have one 1/4" one in there now and I am pretty heavy in the steering. I could do one more (maybe 2), but that would be tops. Im not sure it would be enough. Ill let you know.

I also seem to need wheel bearings for the drivers side. The hub is always loose, no matter how tight I make it. All the bearings I have on the shelf are for mini's, and they are too big. I doubt I can get them in time. meh.

EDIT: though now that I think about it....there was not a washer between the preload nut and the outer bearing :hmm:

I dont have one of those either though, and I doubt it has much to do with the hub always being loose. I doubt I am running out of threads.

That side also has a retarded outer preload nut/lock nut in place of the 54mm. The hubs are warn, and it has little allen screws that lock it in place with a lock washer....dumb.

I guess what I am really asking is.... does anyone have an inner and outer bearing, a washer, a 54mm nut, and a bendy tab lock washer for a 72 fj40 with drums? I would just order them but I feel stupid investing 100-200$ in these crappy hubs, while most people have this crap piled up in the corner of the garage.

Last edited:
Prolly gonna head down friday afternoon.

Things at work have went to s*** so there is no chance of me getting out early on Thurs., so I will not be up till Friday. Probably around 4-5.

We will start drinking for you

I'll be up Saturday morning. Making the bacon run today. I expect by 9p.m. our house will smell like peppered bacon and have a nice coat of bacon grease in the air. Lucky for us we just sold the house!

Everyone meeting in the upper lot shortly after opening?

I will definately be at summers tonight. Trying to get out of here in decent time.
No 40, undecided on the alternative wheeler.

AJ, I have your axle.

Bringing choc chip cookies.

Mrs x

I've got 7lbs of Maple Smoked Bacon in my mini fridge at my desk right now.

I got a weber 18" grill to cook on.

Getting on the road now, are we there yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom