Attica HoosierCruiser/TrailTeam event unbelievable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
These are simply super people.
Showed up with every intention of most-likely ripping the running boards off my wife's SunFusion and left with some very good memories and the boards intact (barely). I just can't say enough about the club, the team and many other folks from around the region that came together around this shared event.
The trip was marred by some bad mechanical events that seemed to happen in the span of about 5 minutes...with the real heartbreaker coming not minutes later...one of the guy's father (a visiting cruiser owner) supposedly breaks his ankle and they're off to get treatment.

Again, these guys were all about helping you and each other. Club and TT trail members spotting you all over the place, a TT guy working hard to get off the best shots on the bar-code camera; excellent no-b.s. small talk about Toyotas in general before, after and during the event...you couldn't ask for much more in what is really a nice place to show off the product.

A big thanks to every one of you guys for really showing me(us) one of the best times I've had off-road and being damn friendly while doing it. And a big thanks to Toyota for bringing these guys around yet one more time for those of us out here in a pretty big area relative to previous event locations.(there's a lot more wheeling of all types than I think many realize up here in the north).

Keep up the good work guys and don't be bashful when it comes to asking for favors,

John

Last edited:
Yes, the trail teams are top notch wheelers and very, very nice people.....

As are the Hoosier Cruisers...they put on great events.

Sounds like you had a great time. I'm near Chicago but was unable to make this one. They will be at Tall Corn as well and I intend to attend that meet.

Any Pics??

John,

I didnt see you much after we waited in line to get in but i am glad you found your way to MUD. Nice to hear you had an enjoyeable experience..... Maybe next time we see you there will be a lift, tires, bumpers ect on the FJ?

Cheers

Jared

It was good to see the FJC out there getting dirty.

Anybody who is still complaining that Toyota doesn't support us needs a punch in the neck. Three Trail Teams criss crossing the country letting us see and drive FJCs off road is much, much more than anyone could ever expect.

I can personally say it's moved the FJC up on my must have list.

Gumby said:
It was good to see the FJC out there getting dirty.

Anybody who is still complaining that Toyota doesn't support us needs a punch in the neck. Three Trail Teams criss crossing the country letting us see and drive FJCs off road is much, much more than anyone could ever expect.

I can personally say it's moved the FJC up on my must have list.

Couldn't have said it better.

Thanks to all you guys as well, we had a blast. It's great being part of grass roots events like this where we can really spend some time getting to know people better.

Happy trails,

Chris

all I can say is "Mud Terrains"....hehehe....next time ;)

Thanks again to the Trail Team, the entire group is a bunch of top notch folks I'm happy to call friends...if I make the FlatNasty event, it'll be my 5th time out with ya...I'm lookin forward to it!

Glad you made it down John, and keep posted on the Trail Rides corner here for pics and any future events coming up....I know I'll be wheelin there the first weekend in Dec for the annual Toys for Tots event!

John,
I'm glad you had a great time. Loved the duck-taped Badlands flag that you attached to the FJ. I think that's quite possibly the first boot-fab of an FJ crusier. Congratulations:grinpimp:

FJ Dragon,
Check the Events/Expendition section for pics.

I see now that I could have simply tagged this on to the event thread and will do so next time...yet thanks to every one of you guys above who took the time then and now to make an out-stater feel welcome at your event.
Tweaked the running boards; that was about it (nothing really even noticeable) which I thought was pretty darn good considering standard sized Wranglers and no mods. Couldn't have done any of it without HC and TT spotters though and 'Roosterdoo' in the co-pilot seat.
I think I felt like the LR4(?) guy from Chicago must have at the top of that first hill....all right; I don't want to and I'm not turning back anyways...but what the heck did I just get me and my new rig into here...and why do all these other trucks look like they're about ready to tackle the Baja?(lol).
Funnier yet....we bang, scrape and scratch our way to those culverts where the 'concrete guillotine' awaits...and I must've bumped my head somewhere on the way in...because suddenly I'm asking some guy next to me who wheels somebody else's stuff all day long with absolutely no abandon or concern...what the chances are of another rig he has no stake in whatsoever has of splitting two jagged edges to gain access inside what looks to be a fairly narrow culvert!!:confused:
Sooooo, as we're backing off being wedged against the edges a few seconds later looking like the sun on a concrete horizon and sounding like a monster garage car crusher gone terribly wrong.(lol); I'm looking at the only other way out...straight up a sand hill with ominous rocks almost strategically popping out of itas ifto say "how big a boy are ya"?. True to his nature, my partner is immediately out spotting me straight up to the left in a heartbeat and we're out of there looking for more like nothing ever happened.

Bottom line?....I would have never attempted even half of the stuff I was fortunate enough to witness this machine take on sucessfully in A-Trac only that day without my partner and the TT/HC club guys being just plain indispensable in making that fantastic exerience happen. If you don't have guys pushing you with the air of confidence/professionalism I witnessed in both of these groups...you probably turn back with the payment book heavy on your mind.

I could go on and on; yet will stop with another big thanks; a promise to put some of you up if you make it to western Michigan or Silver Lake and a big look forward to wheeling with you guys again contingent on armoring up just a wee bit more.(I had heard over the years that LandCruisers were pretty much hardcore rigs....I guess I just got an education).

Take care all and allow me to return the favor someday soon,

John

Last edited:
beno said:
Yes, the trail teams are top notch wheelers and very, very nice people.....

As are the Hoosier Cruisers...they put on great events.

Onur, I see you had some fun this weekend also. Good.:D

jklubens said:
Onur, I see you had some fun this weekend also. Good.:D

Gas for 30 minutes away was much cheaper than gas for 7 hour away!!

Though I would have loved to have been with you guys indeed....I feel like a Hoosier Cruiser member anyway...

I'll be at Toys for Tots either way...even if I have to quit my job!!

Sorry to hear bout the tranny Jimmy.

Best.
-o-

jklubens said:
John,
I'm glad you had a great time. Loved the duck-taped Badlands flag that you attached to the FJ. I think that's quite possibly the first boot-fab of an FJ crusier. Congratulations:grinpimp: .

What was so darn embarrasing about that was the fact that I jury-rigged that thing a couple different times with zip ties and about a full roll of tape (still didn't work worth a crap)...and later, I casually glance over to find some guy in our party that simply tucks the darn thing into his tire cover....and calls it a day. doh!:eek:

I've been going to the dunes my entire life; yet somehow "Mr. Obvious" the flag concept until I get there. Good people in the Badlands office and at the gate also, by the way.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words. I absolutely loved being at this event. Great time. I got the pictures uploaded about 2 hours ago, so you should be able to get your photos off of the website now.

Once again, thank you for having us at your event. It was certainly a pleasure being there.

Thanks for the great food, fun times and the even more fun on the trails. The near misses with the trees in the muck on Orange trail, the trying to do the ledges and such on the pink trail. These are the events that I like the most. Small, fun events I can remember people and what they drive, and have fun with. Hope to see some of you again soon at the other events around. Thank you for inviting us to be part of your event, and welcoming us to be part of good times. Until again. Robbie

Had a great time meeting all of you in the Badlands. I will be back and next time I wont be in a LR3! Thanks for helping me figure out what the heck I was doing. The experience you guts have is great but the willingness to share it is huge.

I will be looking for a toy of my own soon!
If anyone has the website of Brian S please forward it to me.
Thanks!

Cred3 said:
Had a great time meeting all of you in the Badlands. I will be back and next time I wont be in a LR3! Thanks for helping me figure out what the heck I was doing. The experience you guts have is great but the willingness to share it is huge.

I will be looking for a toy of my own soon!
If anyone has the website of Brian S please forward it to me.
Thanks!

Brian Swearington's website is www.IH8Mud.com

You've already found it. :D

LR3 guy,
Hey glad you got the rover back in one piece.

Fully check out the site, there are clubs all over the midwest and event going on.

The next time we're out at B'lands will be Sept 9th and Dec 3&4, can't remember the date. The Dec event is to support the USMC's Toy's for Tots. Hope to see ya.

BTW, Buy an FJ!!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom