AT Oil Temp Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Fairly new to the world of LC and own a 1988 FJ62 with 234k on the clock. I've owned this vehicle for about 8 months now and it's time to start getting stuff done (having a kid changes priorities and time). Engine seems to run great, although I need to do some baselining. I'm by no means a mechanic, but I've always been a Toyota guy and wanted a vehicle I could enjoy on the weekends and learn to work on. This forum has already been a tremendous resource.

I've noticed that I have no lights working in the shifter assembly and I'm worried my transmission may overheat and I'll have no warning. I don't drive long distances when I do drive it, so I always check the transmission pan with a temp gauge as soon as I get to my destination (usually around 200 degrees). I tried replacing the bulbs when I fixed the shifter slop, but to no avail. I've tried the search function to try and answer my question and I'm coming up empty on how to resolve this (maybe I'm not sure what to look for). If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be great! Thanks.

The FSM (free online here on Mud) has full diagnostic tests. Check under the FAQ section. 200F is pretty normal for this transmission, so you're not in any danger yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom