Arizona Classifieds / For Sale / Wanted (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have another DD besides the 80 series? Hard to think of 80 series as classics but 91-93 are twenty-five years old.

What vehicle was this on? Have $20K on my 70 FJ40 and isn't that bad. Think around $300 a year. Probably find it even cheaper. If the mileage is a issue then to any insurance it's not going to be a classic. Not sure what mine is at but what ever it is way more than it used.
It’s an 83 FJ60. Well, 3k a year limit is probably an issue, but like 5k or even 7500 would be totally fine. My Lexus is thru progressive, but classic car insurance thru progressive redirects you right to hagertys site. I called progressive, and the guy told me it was because it wasn’t a “safe” car. So I dismissed him and haven’t called back. I mean, it’s not a DD, and is garage kept and I have a spotless record. No idea what gives.

In terms of the classic car insurance, restrictions for where the vehicle can be driven and reason for travel also exist in many circumstances. Be sure to have your agent ask the underwriters for the specifics. Know the limitations and risks involved.

It’s an 83 FJ60. Well, 3k a year limit is probably an issue, but like 5k or even 7500 would be totally fine. My Lexus is thru progressive, but classic car insurance thru progressive redirects you right to hagertys site. I called progressive, and the guy told me it was because it wasn’t a “safe” car. So I dismissed him and haven’t called back. I mean, it’s not a DD, and is garage kept and I have a spotless record. No idea what gives.

Doubt most classic vehicles are driven more than 250 miles a month. Just about 60 miles a week is a lot. That's driving it pretty regularly. As for not being safe find that interesting. Hagerty offered to insure my FJ62.

In terms of the classic car insurance, restrictions for where the vehicle can be driven and reason for travel also exist in many circumstances. Be sure to have your agent ask the underwriters for the specifics. Know the limitations and risks involved.

I went on the classic run with my 70 FJ40 this year and figured if something happened off road it would be on me. Not that concerned about that since not doing anything would call hard core. More worried about driving to the trailhead which was all the way across town. Just driving north yesterday has someone drive into our lane. Felt safter reacting in our 2nd generation Sequoia than I would have in a FJ40. FJ40 were built for off road not modern freeways and busy city streets.

A9DF8D88-700F-46AC-85E5-E2787A26E2A4.jpeg
A123FFB7-0D34-4FE2-97E4-4959869A8A2C.jpeg
31927DEB-B373-43CA-87FA-106AB2B54600.jpeg
9F1766B9-04FA-462D-883F-3F1D34DA6EAF.jpeg
E8CE1560-8A74-494B-AE33-EB4746AB9405.jpeg
View attachment 1794896 View attachment 1794895 Before I post these four new tires for $750 including wheels I am offering them for sale to any club member for $500. Tires, wheels, and lug nuts - ready to bolt on. 315s with 16" American Racing wheels. Tires have less than 6k miles on them. Tons of tread, balanced, and nice gun metal wheels. no need for wheel spacers on an 80.

SOLD! SOLD!

Last edited:
Doubt most classic vehicles are driven more than 250 miles a month. Just about 60 miles a week is a lot. That's driving it pretty regularly. As for not being safe find that interesting. Hagerty offered to insure my FJ62.

I went on the classic run with my 70 FJ40 this year and figured if something happened off road it would be on me. Not that concerned about that since not doing anything would call hard core. More worried about driving to the trailhead which was all the way across town. Just driving north yesterday has someone drive into our lane. Felt safter reacting in our 2nd generation Sequoia than I would have in a FJ40. FJ40 were built for off road not modern freeways and busy city streets.

I am right now going through the conversion from conventional home/multiple-auto policy to stated-value policy with Liberty Mutual - but I am not doing this for the sake of avoiding emissions testing, I want the older vehicles insured for what it would cost me to replace them, not some puny Blue Book number

Liberty Mutual doesn't do stated value policies, but their subsidiary company SafeCo does (we previously had the 40 and Blazer insured with them when we had the condo, but when we bought the house, the combined policy made the home insurance part more affordable)

SafeCo wants to know the number of miles a vehicle is driven per year (from past experience, I went for 3000 miles each) - and they want all vehicles insured under stated value to be stored in a locked facility, i.e. garage or somesuch. They are currently asking me to provide multiple pictures of outside, inside, engine compartment, and of the place where each vehicle will live. Once the underwriters get those, they may adjust certain conditions of the policy, or price.

Several other big insurers also do stated-value policies, and the requirements vary slightly by company - Hagerty will not cover vehicles that are being wheeled, so that was not an option for me

funny enough, the stated-value policy comes in lower than what was charged for the three vehicles (40, LX and Blazer) on my conventional home/auto policy with Liberty Mutual, even though Safeco will have to pay out more in case of a claim - I am also able to keep the home/auto combination discount through the conventional insurance with Liberty Mutual that still includes the GX :D

Selling some misc Ram Mount items that I no longer need. Used them for a couple of months to mount my iPad and phone but going a different route with mounting.

This https://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mount-Do...7910511&sr=8-6&keywords=ram+suction+cup+mount

This https://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mounts-D...7910460&sr=8-4&keywords=ram+suction+cup+mount

$20 for the double cup mount
$10 for the single cup mount
$5 each for the diamond base 1" balls (pictured)

View attachment 1797343

View attachment 1797344
I will take the double

Hey @Ken in AZ , I tried to PM you but the inbox is full. I'm interested if you still have it.

Thanks,

Matt
Hi Matt - sorry I gave it away at the meeting. Well I did get a 6pack of adult beverage for it.

For sale or trade 80 series Land Cruiser Front bumper 1/4 plate and 4 inch main tube 125 OBO or trade will consider just about anything Can deliver
20180920_115035 (1).jpg

20180920_115043 (1).jpg

Last edited:
For sale: ARB 50 fridge with ARB tie downs. Good used condition, I have had it for about 4 years. It has always lived in the house when I am not on a trip, and has always worked flawlessly. It has some scratches and scuffs, but is in overall good condition and functions as new on AC or DC. I just bought a new dometic dual zone, so this one has to go. $500

Anyone have a clean white FZJ 80 that needs a new home?

Looking for a close to stock AZ truck, clean car fax, etc... The closer to poverty pack the better.

Decided to replace '15 Taco with another 80.

Sad to see the Taco leave but stoked about the idea of another 80!
20170425_185519.jpg

This one gets to stay on as the rough duty rig. :)
DSC_0002.JPG

SOLD 700r4 setup with fj40 3spd tcase for sale from a project I’m working on. Was a running and driving unit. Comes with lokar and dual tcase shifter. $1000 SOLD

EDBE1D53-53B6-4797-8F5A-8BBA4F5C5781.jpeg

3E62EBAA-57B0-4A93-AD3B-F2D3D8D58E13.jpeg

17486641-07B5-44FE-AC06-C83DC92509AD.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom