ARB or similar front bumper available for 1982 pickup in US? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I'm restoring a low mile 1982 Toyota Sunrader (32k miles!) and want to protect it from my area's frequent deer/animal collisions when I'm done in late spring. ARB USA no longer sells the bumper for this model, so I'm wondering if anyone knows if the ARB for the newer gen pickup can be modified and how much modding is needed. Also if anyone knows of a current bumper that offers front end protection, I'm happy to take a look.

Informationally, the Sunrader is a solid fiberglas mini camper built in the 80s atop a 1-ton Toyota pickup cab chassis with a dually rear axle. Mine's a manual tranny / 22R which I think is insanely cool.

So - bumpers?

I’ve personally never seen a 1st gen ARB. But I live a sheltered live, so that doesn’t mean anything.

I do think an 84-85 ARB could be made to work w/o too much effort. An 86-88 could be made to work with modifications.

That would be great news. Would break my heart to restore this crazy low mile unusual vehicle, only to tag a deer and watch it get towed to the junkyard. Anyone with one of the above ARBs interested in getting me some basic measurements? If yes, I'll send what I think makes sense (Total width, width of mounting plates, etc). Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom