ARB Emu Dakar 60 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like it, the interior is a little to ricer for me, but the truck looks good. I would have NO problem giving that one some back country pinstripes over that black paint :D

That is a long way to lift a 35in tire... but maybe thats a prototype rear bumper that they havent done a swingaway carrier for it?

good lord. just noticed (after you guys pointed it out) how the hell do you get that sucker up there. I bust blood vessels in my head and pop nut sacs everytime I try to pick my spare up to put it in the truck....Heman must drive it.

Has an FJ62 dash pad and panel. And I have a simple question - - HOW do you get into those seats from way down on the ground?

M

yeah.....looks to shiny to me.

Are those the 2.5 inch springs? Sure does give it some lift. Eh well.....I'm still going SOA. :D

The rear bumper is a custom one off unit, i didnt get any pics with the tailgate up but it is one sturdy bumper, intergrated hitch reciever. i spoke the one of the ARB guys and he said if there proved enough interest, in aus i assume it would be made and would include a provision to have a swing away rear bumper.

It is quite possible for the bumper to go into production, they have done the same thing with roof racks and rear bars for troopies and other such vehicles and there was enough interest for them to be put into production, figers crossed. if anyone wants the high res pics just e-mail me at timespast@gmail.com and i will send em to ya

Looks cool, I would have gone with different chrome rims, but other than that cool. Never see any 60 series fixed up nice and fancy and with mods, I dont think they want this one to go through alot of offroad, but it could if called to (such as if there is an earthquake at the mall and yo uhave to drive over a huge ravine) :)

Any more pics?

Drop the bad attempt at the bling & lengthen the roof rack. Other than that I'm giddie like a school girl right now.

how in the world did you find that page and do you know anything thats said on it? i found a few bling SUV's and a a nice Yota minivan (it was beside the 3rd gen 4runner).

89s rule said:
how in the world did you find that page and do you know anything thats said on it? i found a few bling SUV's and a a nice Yota minivan (it was beside the 3rd gen 4runner).

I've got alot of free time on my hands, thats how. :grinpimp:
Seriously, it didn't take that long to find. I saw a teeny tiny pic of that orange 60/62 in a banner add at Adventure Auto Imports website. I clicked on the ad, which took me that site, but I couldn't read anything. I knew it was on that site somewhere. Luckily I found all those pics, which I searched thru. Using dial up to boot.

Hildy said:
I searched thru. Using dial up to boot.

Obviously you are more of a man than I :) great find man, I enjoyed that site.

specs,

Custom made Delux bar and warn 8,000 high mount winch
custom made arb side protection steps
Custom made ARB rear step, tow bar
ARB dual battery system
ipf 900xs Spot Lights
Custom made ARB turbocharger
ARB turbo timer
Emu Dakar leaf springs
OME nitrocharger shocks
OME steering stabaliser
OME greasable shackles & bushes
ARB lockers front and rear
Safari snorkel
Long range Fuel tank
Fiberglass Flares
ARB Paratus seats
MOMO steering wheel
Clarion audio/dvd system and roof mounted screen
CB radio
ARB fridge and slide
BFG 35x12.5r15
refrigerated custom center console

Original Car was a 1985 turbo diesel 60 series, it cost 6,000 with 318,000 kmon the clock. they spent 25000 on the vehicle.
4000 on the body and paint work
12000 on protection, suspension and interior.
remainder on accesories.

i have an article on the cruiser and many more pics but do not have access to a scanner at the moment.

That's a great functional looking rig, - the paint job. I want a set of those bumpers.

I love the ambulance doors on a 60, looks so cool. Seem to be rare as hens teeth though.

Hi all,

I know I'm reviving a long-dead thread, but I'm running out of places to look.

My dad used to have a magazine with this beast in it, and he loved it. The magazine was about four years old, and in the last couple of months it's gone missing.

I was wondering if any of you know what magazine it might have been in, and maybe even which issue. Dad seems to think it was 'Just something', but hours of Googling have got me nothing.

This forum was the most I could find on it, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi all,

I know I'm reviving a long-dead thread, but I'm running out of places to look.

My dad used to have a magazine with this beast in it, and he loved it. The magazine was about four years old, and in the last couple of months it's gone missing.

I was wondering if any of you know what magazine it might have been in, and maybe even which issue. Dad seems to think it was 'Just something', but hours of Googling have got me nothing.

This forum was the most I could find on it, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Better yet, its for sale :cool:

Not sure on the details, but one of the fellows from ARB USA mentioned it to me just today in fact. Do it! :D

Ring the fellows up @ ARB in Seattle if you'de like more info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom