ARB drawers in a 60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone install ARB Drawers in a 60? I couldn't find any posts. I've done measurements it's a close fit depending on the choice. I think I'm going in the right direction, but want to think out loud and get feedback from other who've done this. (reached out to ARB haven't heard back).

so... I have two main questions:

1. which ones did you get? the "945's or 1045's"
- the width I got was pretty close to exactly 42" between wheel wells...looks like the larger of the drawers (1045 series) is 21" or also shown as 21.06. With two of them at that size I could imagine they would juuuuuust not fit and I then I'd throw one...a fit that is.
- the 945'series are like 19.88 or...20" wide.
-my thought is to get one drawer of the 1045 series and the roller floor 945. That should more than fit and give me a little room to play with.

2. How'd you mount them to the floor...I mean..the gas tank...it's riiiiight there. :) ( just got some used ones for my 100 series, and love them. super easy install there, that's for sure.)

Any feedback on your experience is welcome.

@84cruzer, I think I saw a post where you put them in that awesome Root Beer 60 of yours. did you?

thanks!

I think @torfab may have squeezed a set into a 60?

I went with another dobbins.
FJ60Drawers.JPG

Wow. That is nice !

What size are those ?

so i found that brand on Amazon..they did not appear to make on for the 60. I contacted the company and asked them about buying one that fit another vehicle and then cutting it down to fit. He sent me the pics of a set a guy did for his 60 and ordered them with the universal wings and cut them down to fit. The drawers are just a hair too wide to fit between the wheel wells...and when I say a hair, I mean if you didn't have them covered you could probably squeeze them in....I actually took a large mallet and hit both sides down low to push them in going back about 8 inches and it fit tight. I actually like the fact that it fits tight. I cut the wings down to fit so you you actually have an additional place to store things as that round circle on top is a latch you turn to lift the top of the wing to access the sides. The center drawers are very nice, heavy and lock. I have ordered some tie downs that you would mount on the bottom of a truck bed and will used those to tie the system down so it doesnt bounce around....It would only do that with a very hard bump, but to be safe you need to tie them down.

The cost- the guys sold them to me for $1200 delivered. Would of been a few hundred more if I would of just ordered them without talking to him. It was a couple years ago...let me dig up his contact info.

so i found that brand on Amazon..they did not appear to make on for the 60. I contacted the company and asked them about buying one that fit another vehicle and then cutting it down to fit. He sent me the pics of a set a guy did for his 60 and ordered them with the universal wings and cut them down to fit. The drawers are just a hair too wide to fit between the wheel wells...and when I say a hair, I mean if you didn't have them covered you could probably squeeze them in....I actually took a large mallet and hit both sides down low to push them in going back about 8 inches and it fit tight. I actually like the fact that it fits tight. I cut the wings down to fit so you you actually have an additional place to store things as that round circle on top is a latch you turn to lift the top of the wing to access the sides. The center drawers are very nice, heavy and lock. I have ordered some tie downs that you would mount on the bottom of a truck bed and will used those to tie the system down so it doesnt bounce around....It would only do that with a very hard bump, but to be safe you need to tie them down.

The cost- the guys sold them to me for $1200 delivered. Would of been a few hundred more if I would of just ordered them without talking to him. It was a couple years ago...let me dig up his contact info.
guy's name is David if you want to reach out to him directly. $1398 was the online shipped price and he gave me 10% off that, but like I said, it was some time back so pricing may have changed.

Dobinsons Spring & Suspension USA

1970 NW 129th Ave Suite 108
Miami, FL 33182
Tel: (305) 424-8353
Cel: (786) 508-4962
E-Mail: David@dobinsonusa.com
Visit our Websites
http://www.DobinsonsDirect.com/
https://www.DobinsonSprings.com
Follow us on Facebook

Thank you! I will contact him - I've been meaning to make a storage system for quite a while now, but I'll never get around to it so I'm just gonna get a nice, ready to go set! Sick of strapping down totes!

Thanks for the info!

:beer:

@crikeymike is a dobinsons vendor here on mud, might be worth a PM.

Thanks for the tag. Here's the link with all the info:

Cool....good to know someone from forum carries them. The wing kit was easy to cut, just went slowly and cut out guides from cardboard. Pulled back the carpet and traced the shape on the metal, cut and reglued the carpet. Been real happy with mine. Money well spent....def makes my top 10 upgrades.

The dobinsons have the wings, which make them ideal in a 60. I didn't install any with my ARB drawers, just squeezed them in between the wheel arches. I had to do the same with a mallet with these also, they're just a literal hair too wide but with some creative hammer swings I made them fit.

IMG_1595.JPG

thanks for posting that and great to know. (don't you just love that Elements Fridge?) I have another storage box for behind the rear wheel well (old school got it from scepter like 20 years ago). it's just another hair wider than the wheel well. I went with the 1045 drawer and 945 roller floor. that gives me about an inch to mess with.

thanks again!

thanks for posting that and great to know. (don't you just love that Elements Fridge?) I have another storage box for behind the rear wheel well (old school got it from scepter like 20 years ago). it's just another hair wider than the wheel well. I went with the 1045 drawer and 945 roller floor. that gives me about an inch to mess with.

thanks again!
When avaialble, please post pics to show install and clearances.

Also, from whom did you purchase?
Thx

I sure will. The roller floor will be here on Tuesday. i got the roller floor rf945 from cruiser outfitters, and scored a used Rdrf1045 off Craigslist.

Well, finally in. I laid down some dynamat, too. There’s about an inch or less to spare between the wheel well and RDRF1045 (the DS).

Last edited:
awesome shawn! can't wait to check these out.

we're gonna rolling in our 60's again! like the old days!!!

@torfab or anyone else who has messed with Outback drawers...- any guidance on install especailly relating to spacers you used and where’d ya’ drill holes In the floor - front side, mostly. that dang fuel tank is riiiight there.

im learning you need to pretty much dismantle then remantle them to install. There‘s not much guidance in the instructions and like 300 different spacers of all kinds. :p

spoiler-those pics were just when I placed them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom