ARB bumper lights. Post your pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, with the Christmas spirit abound, I've got to thinking about cheap(er) Cruiser modifications and lights for the ARB came to mind. I've looked at lights in the past but always have trouble pulling the trigger on them but maybe some pictures will help this time around.

I searched and couldn't find a similar thread so hopefully this will help someone else too.

What's everybody running and why do you recommend them? Along with that, pictures are a must.

Go...

This is definitely a good use of the bull bar, just curious if it will distract you when driving.

As in other drivers? I most likely say so. My intent isn't to have them to blind oncoming drivers but it would be nice to have addition lights at times. There are enough times when I just wish I had more light but with a lifted vehicle (two really), the headlights just don't help a whole lot. My tundra has a 3" OME kit and even with the headlights properly aimed, it doesn't make dark rainy nights even better.

I've seen two lights on 80s: the Lightforce 240s and the IPF 868. I like both and one is about half the price of the other. I just don't know if the rectangular look looks better on an older 80 and. It the LX450 like I have.

IMG_1008.jpg

these IPF lights are pretty time period correct and put out a decent amount of light for a halogen bulb....mine came with 100 watt H9 bulbs

I like those... a lot. It does look pretty "period correct" as you mentioned. Do you mind posting up a little review on 'em or making a few more pics? I'd like to hear your comments on the "hybrid" reflector in there. Does it throw a good far light? How about the side to side movement? Is it a noticeable difference above and beyond what the low/high beams put out?

Mine are simple...

IMG_1999.JPG

image.jpg
These came with the arb I bought but are not mounted and I plan to put them up for sale. Cant give many pros or cons since i never wired them up but i can get a dimension later and look for a #. They are a large halogen lamp I believe ipf and the housing was po modified (dented) to fit around upper hoop.

I mounted these Lightforce 240 Blitz lights to an ARB a buddy gave me recently. I purchased them many moons ago before the LED craze started. They are a bit too big for my liking when I now see them, but they'll stay until they get damaged or I get cash for some LEDs.
image.jpg

7" HIDs from RuffStuff. I prefer HIDs over LED because of the distance these are able to light up. My brights are good enough for the closer stuff and I use these to see far out there.

15940380416_abc367088b_b.jpg

IMG_5209.JPG
Hey guys, with the Christmas spirit abound, I've got to thinking about cheap(er) Cruiser modifications and lights for the ARB came to mind. I've looked at lights in the past but always have trouble pulling the trigger on them but maybe some pictures will help this time around.

I searched and couldn't find a similar thread so hopefully this will help someone else too.

What's everybody running and why do you recommend them? Along with that, pictures are a must.

Running these cause that's what the PO had on there.

On a side note, you guys are really making me wish I had a white 80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom