arb air compressor location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you have air lockers or an on-board air compressor, where did you put the compressor?

Hello,

Engine bay if there is enough space.

Or below any of the front seats if they are not the suspension type.

Hope this helps.

Juan

If you have air lockers or an on-board air compressor, where did you put the compressor?
It’s dark in Jawga but I’ll shoot you a photo tomorrow.

Not the highest quality photo but here you go. Give Bang a treat.
DD5ABFA7-D5F2-474C-8A70-343576B7CFA2.jpeg

HZJ77 LHD with HZ1 24v. I thought abought under the passenger side front seat. I don't know if it will fit. There is not much extra space under the hood.

You could probably fit most of the compressor but not all in the rear quarter panel.

IMG_0100.JPG
9BB58920-D56F-4C86-AAFF-F0BD8B3B94CD.jpeg

I installed mine in the rear panel, don't know if larger models would fit since this is the smallest type compressor and it fit quite snug. I use this only for my lockers, got a seperate portable one I use for inflating tyres.

IMG_20200428_171620.jpg

I installed mine in the rear panel, don't know if larger models would fit since this is the smallest type compressor and it fit quite snug. I use this only for my lockers, got a seperate portable one I use for inflating tyres.

Is that the right rear?

Is that the right rear?
Yes. I made a small platform which I pop-riveted as shown and welded a leg on the back (if you zoom you can see it) that goes onto one of the bolt of the fuel filler cap hinge, sorta using it as a stud mount if you get what I mean 😄 and secures with a nut which is abit tricky to get on 😏

I'm also exploring this option. There is a 24v version of the single compressor, so putting it under the hood would be quite handy in an HZJ77 (obviously RHD). I'd love to see other underhood installs if they're out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom