aqualu aluminum bodys pros and cons (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a aqualu tub and it was very strong and I had no issues.

Great product, very tough, it does take some time to fit into place nicely but it's very much worth it.

~John

Jim C. and I are restoring my '78 FJ40 in aluminum - tub, cowl, apron, bib, running boards, and fenders. We spent quite a bit of time getting the front fenders to line up, but eventually got an acceptable fit . Jim C. asked Tedd at Cruiser Solutions if they had any advice and he responded that they use the factory steel fenders (not the aluminum ones they sell) on their restorations because it is easier.

Yep, the fenders take quite awhile to line up and are acceptablem.

:popcorn:

great for a bush pig,
POS for a nice truck. fit and finish is crap.

by the time you buy a firewall and 3/4 tub you are in the range of the Gozzard tub which is WAY nicer than the Aqualu stuff.

BTW i have experience with both.

aqualu fenders look like s***, factory are nice.
Jim C. asked Tedd at Cruiser Solutions if they had any advice and he responded that they use the factory steel fenders (not the aluminum ones they sell) on their restorations because it is easier.

great for a bush pig,
POS for a nice truck. fit and finish is crap.

by the time you buy a firewall and 3/4 tub you are in the range of the Gozzard tub which is WAY nicer than the Aqualu stuff.

BTW i have experience with both.

I disagree...if you are simply talking the tub, matched to a good condition firewall. I would also suggest extending the firewall lip down so you can use two bolts (one above and one below the floor level).

Heard nothing but good about Gozzard.

I don't like the aluminum flat dash look, and if I was going to replace the firewall this would sway me to look at Gozzard much closer.

The aluminum tub installed to a factory firewall can be installed, finished and look stellar. Depends on the care taken: https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/30807-another-40-series-renovation.html

hth's

gb

I have a first gen aqua tub on the 1980 in my profile pics. Great product. Strong, looks nice, good fit. The latest gen I hear are even better. I have a buddy with a 79 that just put a new aqua tub on it it looks great. His is a show quality truck. No experience with their cowl or fenders....but the tubs are great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom