Aqualu 45 streatched on 80 frame advice needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
I don't want to hack up an original 45, so looking for advice of anyone that has built a Aqualu 45 on an 80 frame and retained the 4.5L 1fz engine. Are there any builds out there?

I am getting closer to this project and trying to decide if I hack up a 40 and meld it with an 80 firewall. My thought is that I could avoid all the issues with wiring harness to all the dash functions, as well as have brakes, accelerator, and tight integration with the engine.

Then, I saw this thread.

For Sale - 1978 FZJ40

He was able to squeeze the engine in. So maybe I can do the aqualu tub.

Here are threads that have different methods to this end:

@Waggoner5 epic build that @sleeoffroad had input on.

Project X

ls swap.. by @Monstercowboy

FZJ-45 Build

another ls. @TheGoblin

fj40 body fj80 frame

I recommend this over a 1fz. *BRAND NEW* LEXUS TOYOTA 1UZFE 4.0 V-8 VVTI
Shorter, new, more better, probably even cheaper than rebuilding a 1fz. I bet you can find a trans adapter or maybe it even will goto the 1fz slush box.

@tornadoalleycruiser I looked at this before.... If I change from the 1fz I would go LS. Tons more parts and information out there.

It is sexy as heck though.

well, if you find a source for new LS motors let me know.. I could use one as well for the Camaro.. I like to muddy the waters..

well, if you find a source for new LS motors let me know.. I could use one as well for the Camaro.. I like to muddy the waters..

No new crate motor for me. Will likley buy a wrecked vehicle.

My father and I are in the process of a troopy body ( not an Aqualu) on an 80 series chassis and we have the 80 floor pan sitting around. I thought about grafting a 40 body onto an 80 floor pan and I think it could be tricky.

The 80 floor pan measured at 150cm at the A pillar and the C pillar. My 45 measures approx. 136 cm at the A pillar ( front of door) and 156cm at the back of the door. and the fact that the 40 series body continues to taper forward, the 80 firewall my need so much cutting that the steering and brake booster would need to be moved.

This is all on a Right Hand drive car, so could all be of no consequence, but thought I'd pass it on.

My father and I are in the process of a troopy body ( not an Aqualu) on an 80 series chassis and we have the 80 floor pan sitting around. I thought about grafting a 40 body onto an 80 floor pan and I think it could be tricky.

The 80 floor pan measured at 150cm at the A pillar and the C pillar. My 45 measures approx. 136 cm at the A pillar ( front of door) and 156cm at the back of the door. and the fact that the 40 series body continues to taper forward, the 80 firewall my need so much cutting that the steering and brake booster would need to be moved.

This is all on a Right Hand drive car, so could all be of no consequence, but thought I'd pass it on.

Great information. Thanks.

[QUOTE Great information. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Glad I could help

I re-read all of this post and saw the bit about an LS motor. That's what we went with. All the stock engine and chassis mounts were cut off the chassis and the body positioned to get the front wheel to look stock in the guard, unlike that fzj40 you posted. The engine and drivetrain are then located with new mounts.

There are guys on this page Log into Facebook | Facebook who are using either the 3f or 1hz and moving it back, typically anywhere from 150 to 225mm. Some are also using 4 & 6bt Cummins.

@sneaky thanks for the link to the group. That is my first question actually... Aqualu makes the body with mounts to fit the 80 series. How does it fit with the stock engine. knowing that the 1hz has to be moved back, I would assume that the 1fz would have to be moved too.

First question answered..... and Bob's your uncle!

Cheers,

Thoguht I would dump some info...

Here is the kit link.

6" streatch on fj45

#8503 1989-1997 FJ80 Cab - Stretched 6"

Just talked to Aqualu. Engine needs to be moved back about 10" from stock location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom