April 24 & 25 @ Badlands (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No work on the pig today, but the tow rig is in better shape.

New Earl's trans cooler.
Trans temp gauge
Trans drain plug in the pan
Amsoil Synthetic ATF
Boost gauge
trailer brake controller

I'll load it up tonight so I can leave from work tomorrow at 3:30 CDT.

Tomorrow the trailer and the pig get some tuning up.

Most important - My parts showed up for the AX10 last night. Trans and shocks are done. I don't know if I can get the new foams in, but I'm gonna try.

that is the most important thing.

check your texts.

Let me know if you need a hand tomorow.

Foams are in.

Wheels pretty good in the dark. Climbs better.

Depends on the trailer bushings. I only have a couple of hours to work on it today. If I do the brakes on the trailer and lockers on the pig, then I should have no problems. If I try and get some bushings in, it'll be tight.

Depends on the trailer bushings. I only have a couple of hours to work on it today. If I do the brakes on the trailer and lockers on the pig, then I should have no problems. If I try and get some bushings in, it'll be tight.

Save'm for the camp ground. Round up some help. Nothing like a good excuse to start drinkin'. Oh wait, you guys don't need an excuse to start drinkin'...

Nick

Foams are in.

Wheels pretty good in the dark. Climbs better.

How hard can it be to put bushings on the trailer for the AX10? What are they 2mm diameter?:popcorn:

RC crawlers work in the rain? I had no idea that they are water proof. Interesting....

They are not water proof. All the magic smoke comes out.

I'm sure there are lots of things about RC crawlers that you have no idea about.

You think Jeff will let us bring in my portable RC course?

They are not water proof. All the magic smoke comes out.

I'm sure there are lots of things about RC crawlers that you have no idea about.

You think Jeff will let us bring in my portable RC course?

Its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission...

I'll be there

I'll be there, at 9 tomorrow morning, if anyone has a seat I'll gladly take it. I'm heading out right now to buy stogies, and a cheap CB. Lets see if I can get the damn thing to work.

I'll head out Sat night most likely, is anyone wheeling on Sunday?

I spoke to Mikelypp he'll probably be out there too.

Anyone have any suggestions about low oil pressure on an '80?
I searched the forums and didnt come up with much.

Arj, As long as your oil doesn't smell like gasoline it's probably fine. I would put a real oil pressure gauge on your 40. That thing on your dashboard is basically a dummy light with a pointer instead of a light. I would put money on the fact that it's fine though.

Yes,,,very cool pics. Twas a great day of wheeling with much luck from the weatherman. Nice to meet all the new folks.

It was a great time. And I actually drove my own truck, much to everyone's disbelief... And thanks a whole ton to Luke, who helped and guided me so I didnt f*** anything on the truck.

Thanks for a great time, guys. I especially owe Tom a thanks for winching me not once, but twice. I've already yanked the running boards (no real damage, yay!) and Carrie is asking me for budget numbers on the build. I don't think I'll get to do a THING until she has one of her own to replace this one, but we'll see. Ya'll are great. I hope you'll have me back.