Appliance General Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2015 wasn't your year Mardis...
Keep your head down for a few more days!

Planning on buying a pair of 2-way radios and need some advice...
I read the info in the trailer thread, but wanted some clairification and this seemed like the best thread.
Amazon has the Baofeng UV-5R, UV-5RA, and UV-5R V2+ that are all between $23 and $34. Which one?!? Also plan to get the BF-S112 Mic/Speaker, USB Programming Cable, Battery Eliminator/Car Charger, and Tram 1185 Magnet Antenna.
Am I on the right track? Do I need adapters for the antenna? Any in-Cruiser mounts I should consider?
Thanks

You do need an antenna adapter. THIS is the one I used. The radios are all pretty much the same unless you get one with the higher wattage (which is still fairly low power). List looks pretty complete.

Any suggestions on a walk behind self-propelled lawnmower? Need a new one before the grass starts in earnest. Short of a full bore commercial one, are there really any decent ones on the market or has this become an every other year by cheap disposable item? Had a Honda - worst engine the start ever, despite good luck on a couple of Honda generators; been thru 3 Toros - 1st was decent but the cheapened drive systems have gone downhill fast. When we had a Belhaven sized lot, I had a Lawnboy that was great, but that's been over 20 years ago.

Honda with the new GCX 160cc engine. I have the GCX on my pressure washer and self propelled mower, and have been very satisfied.

Just remember to run the gas out when you are done using it for the season. Or are storing it for any length of time (over a month or so).

fc69b1653532b4af318b7e1f45fef0ed.jpg

If your washing machine is sick it's tongue will be extra red. Do not use it or it will get VERY hot and then......

crazy-washing-machine-on-fire-burning-kitchen-1413849867A.jpg

I hate my oven. It's a slide in JennAire gas range and electric oven. Damn oven won't heat. Repair guy said it wasn't closing right. So new hinges. Still doesn't work right. I'm about to throw it out. For what I paid to "fix" it I should have put the money towards a new stove.

You fxxxers and your High Dolla washers and dryers... The cheapest POS on the planet is what I've had for 5 years. No stinky clothes and it hasn't caught on fire once!

This time he's on to something though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom