Anyone with experience with Yukon Grizzly locker? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need lockers in my 40. I'm interested in Eaton E-lockers, but I realized that I can buy 2 Grizzly lockers for the cost of 1 E-locker. I had a truck with a Detroit in it years ago and my understanding is that the Grizzly is an improvement over the Detroit. Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Grizzly? First hand experience with a Grizzly in a short wheelbase vehicle?

What did you decide for lockers? Inquiring minds want to know.
Well...My fun budget got slashed when I my insurance didn't cover a surgery. I'm saving my pennies again and I think I'm going to end up with a pair of Grizzly lockers.

Hey Seth, here is my limited knowledge 2 cents. i put a powertrax no-slip in my rearend, it works great and made a tremendous difference off road. it doesnt chirp when i turn unless i give some gas then it locks up. the next year we put an arb airlocker in the front. it made a big difference especially when crawling over an obstacle. all this said, if i was to do it all again i would have saved up the money and put in an air locker in the rear then when ever i could scrape the money up put another in the front. slickness is the issue, if snow covered or ice covered roads i'm not going. i've been caught a few times by a snowstorm coming home and it takes the fun out. probably the worst thing is a side hill on the trail when you're just in rear wheel drive . we were in the tobacco roots a couple years ago see how far we could get. had a spot that snowmelt was crossing the road and didn't think anything about it. when both wheels lock up there's nothing to keep gravity from doing it's thing and the next thing i knew i was pointing into the hill. luckily the berm was frozen enough i stayed on the road, the guy behind me thought it was the coolest thing he'd seen.
so after all this rambling i wish i'd waited and put in a user selectable locker in the rear and glad i did wait on the front. one other thing is that i don't use 4wd as often as i should because ididn't think i needed it. tire wear difference is noticible, perhaps it's because i usually have my travel trailer behind me so it pulls harder but i have started using 4wd again like before i had the locker. saves a lot of tire wear

Hey Seth, here is my [very knowledgeable and experienced] 2 cents.
...i wish i'd waited and put in a user selectable locker in the rear and glad i did wait on the front.
That makes a lot of sense. I suppose if I factor tire wear in, selectable lockers probably pay for themselves over time too. Do you have an opinion of the Eaton E-lockers as compared to the ARBs? I don't currently have onboard air, and I've noticed how quickly you're able to air up, but I imagine air lockers likely require more maintenance than electric lockers.

i've never researched the e locker, they weren't available when i was in the market. as far as air all the boys have their 12v air pumps plumbed to either supply lockers or an outside port used to air tires. did you ever put injection onthe sbc?

let me tell you about my experience with Eaton. when they break, your likely shipping parts from australia where the ARB are stocked in the USA. at least thats the problem i can into when i blew my front diff on the FJC. waiting a month for the little magnet inside the locker to clear customs.

i've never researched the e locker, they weren't available when i was in the market. as far as air all the boys have their 12v air pumps plumbed to either supply lockers or an outside port used to air tires. did you ever put injection onthe sbc?
I guess I'll do some additional research while I'm saving my pennies. I have heard horror stories of maintenance issues from a handful of people related to air lockers, and then others never have a problem. Onboard air is something I want to have eventually just for the convenience of quickly airing up tires.

No, I haven't done anything with fuel injection yet. I also still haven't fixed my low-range issue.
let me tell you about my experience with Eaton. when they break, your likely shipping parts from australia where the ARB are stocked in the USA. at least thats the problem i can into when i blew my front diff on the FJC. waiting a month for the little magnet inside the locker to clear customs.
I must be getting old, because I remember Eaton being based in Ohio. I remember driving down from Michigan to a warehouse to pick up a ring and pinon when I grenaded a 12-bolt axle in my truck when I was 17. I'm not sure if they're still based in Ohio though. I'll do some looking into that too.

I must be getting old, because I remember Eaton being based in Ohio. I remember driving down from Michigan to a warehouse to pick up a ring and pinon when I grenaded a 12-bolt axle in my truck when I was 17. I'm not sure if they're still based in Ohio though. I'll do some looking into that too.
maybe its just a FJC thing, or maybe thats the BS story that east coast gear supply sold me. who knows

perhaps it's just me but everything i have bought that's made in either australia or s africa uses that cursed british thread on their parts. don't break off a grease zerk on your ome suspension, i've been waiting for i don't even remember when i ordered a part for my bush company rtt. then we could talk about parts for heavy equipment. everyday i lean more and more towards the globalization sucks league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom