Anyone Running BFG KM2 Mud Terrains? Feedback (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am seriously considering some 35x12.5r18 (34.8x12.5) or 285/70R18 (33.7x11.5) BFG KM2 and I am just looking for some feedback. I currently run KO2 305/65/18, but I am making the switch to a Mud terrain. KM2 is not my favorite looking Mud tire, but I am a fan of BFG and white letters out. I have owned Trail grapplers, open country, and cooper Muds on past vehicles, the BFG is the only Mud tire I haven't had. Any cons besides the pricing? Pictures would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I ran them briefly on my Tacoma years back. I didn't care for the ride quality or the tread wear. They could be found on Craigslist as take offs from Rubicon JK's. I was not in love with them on my daily driver, but they looked cool. This is coming from a loyal KO series user.

Interestingly, I'm considering trying Trail Grapplers on my 100, but by the sound of it, you aren't in a rush to come back to those either.

after a little more reading, I may consider the Cooper SST PRO in a 295/70/18. Great price! I had some cooper sst on my last 4runner, they were good, but I think they were a little soft and got chewed up a bit wheeling.

I am seriously considering some 35x12.5r18 (34.8x12.5) or 285/70R18 (33.7x11.5) BFG KM2 and I am just looking for some feedback. I currently run KO2 305/65/18, but I am making the switch to a Mud terrain. KM2 is not my favorite looking Mud tire, but I am a fan of BFG and white letters out. I have owned Trail grapplers, open country, and cooper Muds on past vehicles, the BFG is the only Mud tire I haven't had. Any cons besides the pricing? Pictures would be appreciated.
I run the KM2's in the 285/70 R18 size on my 200 series! They def have a hum to them on the freeway but it's not horrible. They have been great on the rock and mud for us, got about 30k miles on them so far and doing great!
i-fLHQTH3-X2.jpg
i-pBhxWFP-X2.jpg
i-vw2Brf9-X2.jpg

you fxxxed me all up @kreiten , I didn't say, make me want a 200 series! LOL j/k clean Rig man! I'll step my game up at some point to a 200. But thanks for the KM2 feedback.

I am running them and like them. I had K02's previously. Couple things I have noticed: it's a mud tire not a commuter tire. They like low pressure on the trails but do not like to be spun on rocks as they chunk apart. The landcruiser is very heavy and spinning huge knobs on rocks just isn't good so don't do it. Once I learned that I like them even more. I bought them from 4wheel parts for a great price plus I got the warranty... So I took the chunked tires back and got three new ones!!!! So get the warranty!

I want to get the maxxis treapador next

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom