Anyone recognize these wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
History from me... got them used with my previously owned 1988 double cab Hilux that was imported from Japan in 2007

Doing a bit of a restoration on them before I plan on using them for the 87 Hilux. Plan is to have the centers colour matched to the truck (will one day be green) and the hoops blasted to a bare aluminum finish and clear coated. Hardware is the tricky part, might go with gold coloured if I can find the right size from less than a small fortune. Stainless has been quoted out of this world expensive.

Thinking about blasting them on Saturday, just curious if anyone recognizes them because it might help with the hardware search. BBS seems to have 7mm retaining bolts and mine are 8mm, also haven't found another set with big 6 bolt pattern as they seem to be typically on import cars.

20141104_202333.jpg

20141104_202356.jpg

20141104_202856.jpg

Good luck with the hardware search. I don't think they were intended to come apart. Mine sure don't look like it. Mine have rivets.

American Outlaw II.

They are a 3 piece wheel, meaning the barrel the lip and the center are all seperate.

Hardware is easy to come by for wheels but most seem to be M7 where I need M8. I've found M8 stainless but huge money and found M8 chrome plated steel for decent price but I don't want a chrome bolt visible.

Those bolts are not factory. McMaster-Carr carries stainless metric cap screws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom