Anyone know what this is? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

whirlybirdbrewing

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m assuming this is some OEM / aftermarket cell thing... I guess these two mysterious things may not even be connected.

Right next to rear view mirror:
76EA1536-1320-4F82-A622-95AAF58058D3.jpeg

And this is on the back right portion of the roof:
93584519-B8C4-4614-8AAD-0917DAC0F9EF.jpeg

The rear one is the OEM telephone antenna or at least something very similar. Changing my mind. Sat radio is my guess.

The front one is probably another phone item. "Amtel" looks like an old mobile phone company.

Crazy how outdated that stuff seems now when it was somewhat "cutting" edge only 15-20 years ago.

Last edited:
The rear antenna is for your factory satellite radio.

The one on the roof looks like a GPS antenna (active, as in powered)

Link

I'd suspect that the device on the windshield is some sort of "toll tag"

[Edited to add]
1585755970747.png

I'd suspect that the device on the rear roof is an aftermarket satellite radio antenna.

[Edited to add]
1585756089240.png

Last edited:
The rear antenna is factory sat radio...i have the same one in my ‘06 with factory sat radio

The rear antenna is factory sat radio...i have the same one in my ‘06 with factory sat radio

I might buy "dealer installed" or "port installed", but I don't remember a factory sat radio option, and I find it hard to believe that Toyota (Lexus) would route the cable like that.

Last edited:
Copy. So don’t cut it off... maybe scrap off the front one. Maybe not.

Rear one you should be able to lift it off as it is likely magnetic and that is how it is held on the roof. I have the same thing from a PO for a Sirius XM antenna (pulled up and says serious on bottom). I need to pull the edge molding to find out where the connection line goes, assuming all the way to the front, as I have little need for it but don't want some random cut-off wire hanging around.

I see. I'll investigate tomorrow when the sun is up and report back.

Is a stock hands free an option on these things? I think the touch screen has some phone book functionality but I've never tired. I did a BT45-TOY mod right out of the gate and have used that exclusively.

I actually noticed the rear antenna because I was toying with the idea of some sort of LTE booster/extender and was looking for a way to mount an antenna. Never going to guarantee coverage anywhere but I figured it might be an interesting thing to slap on that might come in handy.

My '05 LX470 has stock hands free bluetooth calling capabilities and the associated ponebook/pairing functions, but not bluetooth audio. As others have said, the square on the back of your roof is an aftermarket satellite radio antenna. My bet is that, if you pulled some covers off your dash and/or center console, you'll find a Sirius XM module buried in there and atached via a piggyback harness to the back of your headunit.

I might buy "dealer installed" or "port installed", but I don't remember a factory sat radio option, and I find it hard to believe that Toyota (Lexus) would route the cable like that.

2005 LX and I have the same antenna at rear. I always thought it was the GPS but I guess I have Sirius too-- never noticed.

Most if not all USA 06-07 LX470, came with rain sensor. That is likely what the black box next to mirror is.

My 06 LX is a little different in that area, due to being NightView equipped, but it is my understanding that the rain sensor looks like this:
1585747932035.png

1585748051302.png

Rain sensor...same as on my '13 and to the right of the inside mirror.

The call is coming from inside the house!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom