Anyone here know of...

Does anyone here know of a shop that could do a H55F swap into a 1989 62? My tranny gave up the ghost yesterday and I have been contomplaiting the manual swap...
Thanks for your help:cheers:

-Carl

Thats what I've heard, but I'm asking because my tranny gave up the ghost according to Molle, but I'm not so sure, it was slipping out of gear real bad, and Im just looking for a place to do the swap if I go that direction, or at least get the tranny rebuilt.

-Carl

2fpower

If anyone can do it -- it would be Rob R.... But you have to stand in line, there is others that know his quality of work that have been waiting for a while.

IMHO, Kelly

If anyone can do it -- it would be Rob R.... But you have to stand in line, there is others that know his quality of work that have been waiting for a while.

IMHO, Kelly
Robs work is crap.:flipoff2: No really, he does a great job. honest, trustworthy, & prompt. Just my$.02

tornadoalleycruiser

SILVER Star

put the truck in drive not overdrive.. did that for a year with a bad tranny in my FJ62.. on the interstate I had to just keep it floored till the overheat light came on .. local driving it was ok, well sorta..

you'll need the FJ60 pedal assemblies for the clutch pedal. it's really not that hard of a swap if you have the parts. any 2f bellhousing will work, pedals from an fj60, maybe new crossmember, new driveshafts, plumbing and electrical issues like neutral cutoff switch to h55.

Top Bottom