Anyone have these rear heater hose (substitution) part numbers?

I'm digging into the heater hoses on a 97 FZJ80 and plan to keep the rear heater function.

As many know the sections of 1/2" hose that come off the rear heater pipes at the firewall come with that assembly from Toyota but are not listed as separate parts. So wondering if anyone has found a Toyota replacement part number for those two 1/2" ID hoses? There's also one ~ 90 degree 1/2" hose that comes off the bottom of the T pipe over to the right side of the firewall. Seems like it's been discussed in the past, just can't find that thread.

I could use Gates hose that will likely fit but would prefer to use OEM hoses for this particular location if I can find a hose from another application that will fit.

See Diagrams below:

Heater hose and pipe 1.JPG

Heater hose and pipe 2.JPG

Last edited:

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
There was an FJ60 hose that could sub for the 90 degree rear hoses but that has been discontinued for around 6 or 7 years.

There is a Napa 90 degree hose, part number 9801, that will work.

There may also be a 100 Series hose you could carve up to work.
Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 14-35-09 Heater Hose 90 Degree Molded NBH 9801 Buy Online - NAPA Auto...png

Thanks, that 100 series hose appears to be a similar angle as the what's used in the 80 series at the location in question. I see that's also a rear heater hose.

Good information.

Key words for future searches:

87245-6A201
Rear heater 1/2" firewall hose substitute right side

Last edited:
Three hoses? Don't you mean two?

One on the passenger side from the bottom of the T to the firewall hard pipe.
One on the driver's side off that funky hard pipe to the firewall hard pipe

I've been meaning to piece mine back together and reinstall but i couldn't source any straight 5/8, 1/2, or 1/2 formed hose

Keep this thread updated with your progress

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom