For Sale Anyone familiar with this seller out of Dallas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haha... At first I thought it was for sale for $1500... I was getting ready to grab my keys and head to Dallas:rofl:

It looks like a nice one, but obviously still needs a little work. It seems like the market is really strong in the Dallas Texas area, but $12,000 seems a little high to me. Especially if he is going to keep the rims and tires, and it is NOT running and driving.

Last edited:
Haha... At first I thought it as for sale for $1500... I was getting ready to grab my Sequoia keys and head to Dallas:rofl:

It looks like a nice one, but obviously still needs a little work. It seems like the market is really strong in the Dallas Texas area, but $12,000 seems a little high to me. Especially if he is going to keep the rims and tires, and it is NOT running and driving.

Absolutely. I think he's high as well, but he's got a lot of rigs and maybe a good deal will show up sooner or later. Or he can be talked into a good price. I just want to see if he's selling 30 footers with over-spray from Colombia or if they're good trucks, just pricey.

Absolutely. I think he's high as well, but he's got a lot of rigs and maybe a good deal will show up sooner or later. Or he can be talked into a good price. I just want to see if he's selling 30 footers with over-spray from Colombia or if they're good trucks, just pricey.
This one looks like a good truck from the outside. I agree with you, he needs to add some pic of the rest of the rig.

I have been following prices on these 60's and 40's pretty close on CL, BAT, here on MUD, and a few other places for the last year or so. Like I said, the Dallas/Texas market seems to be stronger then a lot of other areas, that being said, I would put this one (with the limited pics he has) more around $6-$8 if the rest of the rig is in similar shape. Maybe higher if the rest of it is REALLY clean and it really is a "minimal rust" 40.

Just my two cents :)

Last edited:
I am not sure what the phrase "minimal rust" means, but it deferentially has some...

Also, the phrase "doing some painting and chassis cleanup" would make me a little nervous and I'd want to take a really close look at it in person.

Are you looking to buy a 40?

Rust 02.jpg

Rust.jpg

I'm somewhat in the market, but need my HDJ81 to sell. Or trade for a 40. I honestly am not sure which direction I want to go so I may just see what happens. I've thought about buying a 40 in good shape with engine issues so I could drop the HDT and H151 into it for example. Or I keep the 81 and start building it up which is what I'm leaning towards right now.

I've heard he's great for buying parts off of but his cruisers need a lot more work than advertised.

From the ones that I've seen with interior shots, they do appear to be from South America because they are missing the heaters and I find it hard to believe that every FJ he has he rips the heater out of.

That FJ is far overpriced for the work it needs and it's been for sale for a LONG time so if that isn't a clue to it's true condition I'm not sure what is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom