Anybody vaccinate their own pets? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IDave

IDave,

Dude, I think you kind of made my point to me.

Big deal, blood pressure, pneumonias, all that is common that the probably the secretary there could treat. They probably got three different meds for those things. C sections and deliver babies. That's exactly what I'm saying. It's the same thing over and over.

Setting fractures, I've seen doctors miss them on x-rays. I had a buddy who laid around for two weeks because a ER doctor missed a fracture in his leg.

Hopefully, ya'll got the best doctor around up there. IMO, some doctors down here in Alabama could have gotten their degrees online off a chat room.

Hell, give me a good vet and a good pharmacist, they could treat anytime.

J.R. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

So, does responsible pet ownership include vaccinating, treating, assessing, and medicating your own pet now? When my kids get sick, they go to a trained professional, he's called a DOCTOR.

Try being a responsible pet owner ERIC! Remember, you are always telling us that it's of paramount importance to be a RESPONSIBLE PET OWNER. Doing anything less than taking your pet to a trained professional, also known as a VETERINARIAN, would be irresponsible.

Maybe I just have a bias though. Afterall, my Father in Law is a successful Vet of 30 years who now owns and operates 3 Vet Clinics with multiple Vets each, and He's considered to be a Nationally Recognized Expert in multiple breeds by the AKC organization.

People travel across the country to get specialized care and treatment for their pets.

But then again, since you place potential killers in people's homes to play with their children, a little garage based Veterinary care and medicating really wouldn't phase you would it? Live by your own rules and let everyone else worry about theirs. Right?

You know better than the rest of us though. You are an expert in the field of placing hazardous dogs, and being around them gives you expertise that takes most guys, what?....four years in Vet school....is that right?

Just wondering....

Speaking of Vets we have the most awesom one here in Ft Bragg NC. When my wife was down in New Mexico and got hit by a drunk driver and was thrown over a bridge and was hit again by a semi, our Rottie had his leg cut off. She actually flew there from here and got the dog in the same hospital my wife was in and reattached his leg, and stayed there for 4 days after. That is awesome. And the best thing about it Geico paid all of her and the dogs bills...

Geico Rules in my book...

So does my vet.. Too bad she will not work on our horses..

White Shark said:
So, does responsible pet ownership include vaccinating, treating, assessing, and medicating your own pet now? When my kids get sick, they go to a trained professional, he's called a DOCTOR.

Try being a responsible pet owner ERIC! Remember, you are always telling us that it's of paramount importance to be a RESPONSIBLE PET OWNER. Doing anything less than taking your pet to a trained professional, also known as a VETERINARIAN, would be irresponsible.

Maybe I just have a bias though. Afterall, my Father in Law is a successful Vet of 30 years who now owns and operates 3 Vet Clinics with multiple Vets each, and He's considered to be a Nationally Recognized Expert in multiple breeds by the AKC organization.

People travel across the country to get specialized care and treatment for their pets.

But then again, since you place potential killers in people's homes to play with their children, a little garage based Veterinary care and medicating really wouldn't phase you would it? Live by your own rules and let everyone else worry about theirs. Right?

You know better than the rest of us though. You are an expert in the field of placing hazardous dogs, and being around them gives you expertise that takes most guys, what?....four years in Vet school....is that right?

Just wondering....

you need to take a strong tranquilizer and chase that with a case of beer, white shark --

-- can you kindly quote me where i am telling someone to take vetting in their own hands --

-- come on, drama-boy, look close -- i am very careful with such language --

-- and also, my girlfriend is a board-licensed veterinarian, and oversees any and all procedures to my dogs --

-- come on, sparky, kick back -- kick back hard --

-- go spend some time with your kids or something --

eric

My dogs go to the vet for their shots and check up. When they get cut I will remove their stiches though. But I do the same thing to my own.

erics_bruisers said:
you need to take a strong tranquilizer and chase that with a case of beer, white shark --

-- can you kindly quote me where i am telling someone to take vetting in their own hands --

-- come on, drama-boy, look close -- i am very careful with such language --

-- and also, my girlfriend is a board-licensed veterinarian, and oversees any and all procedures to my dogs --

-- come on, sparky, kick back -- kick back hard --

-- go spend some time with your kids or something --

eric

So, to clear a few things up:

I don't drink

You are the epitome of what makes a quality Drama Queen.

When you say girlfriend, is that like,

a girl who is a friend?

or

a girlfriend (i.e. someone you sleep with or plan to marry)

Just wondering. It seems that gay guys hate kids, don't drive their trucks offroad, and have a lot of "girlfriends" who are either "girls who are friends" or Guys that they refer to as "Girlfriend".

We see a lot of this in the San Francisco Bay Area, and you seem to fit the mold. Not that there is anything wrong with that of course.

Not that it really matters. We are all just curious as to your ambiguous status.

A guy with a lot of dogs who doesn't like 4 wheeling his junk.....Hmmm. Hard to understand. If you were gay on the other hand, we could all rest easy knowing the reason for your often posted odd responses and affinity for the curious. :D

Not that there's anything wrong with that.... :cheers:

Gay I am certainly not --

-- though many wish I were --

-- if i were gay, i'd get more ass than a toilet seat --

-- wink wink --

and answer my question -- where did i condone home-vetting?

my girlfriend is no joke -- and a wonderful person ---

e

erics_bruisers said:
Gay I am certainly not --

-- though many wish I were --

-- if i were gay, i'd get more ass than a toilet seat --

-- wink wink --

and answer my question -- where did i condone home-vetting?

my girlfriend is no joke -- and a wonderful person ---

e

Okay, way too much information. Are you sure about the not gay thing? You sound like you've been thinking about it a bit too much...

I'm glad that your girlfriend is a Vet and can properly monitor the health of your potential baby killers.

Dude, Shark give it a rest! We understand you got issues with Pits, we get it, Is ther anybody on here that doesn't know where shark stands on Pits? D

91mocrzr said:
Dude, Shark give it a rest! We understand you got issues with Pits, we get it, Is ther anybody on here that doesn't know where shark stands on Pits? D

Equal opportunity representation. Every other post of Eric'scontains a picture of a pit. Do I really need to see a pit tied to a bumper in the "emblem remove and replace on an 80 series" thread? No, not really. Subliminal propaganda. :D

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=49780

As a result, I will continue to run the anti-pit platform in representation of those who can no longer speak, i.e. dead kids.

Thanks for your concern. I just thought that you might like to know the reason behind the posts.

NOOOOOOooooooooooo!

Wow, you guys hijacked the s*** outta this one.......

Back to the original thread: Yes, it's quite easy to vaccinate your own animals......I grew up on a ranch and have been doing it ever since. Go to your local Co-op/Feed Store/Farm&Home/etc and purchase what you need. Most will carry either 5-way or 7-way. Easy to administer either subcutaneous or intramuscular. Good Luck!

Sorry for the hijack on my part. I can't apologize for Eric however. He feels an incessant need to post pics of his pitbulls "playing". Or as I see it, training to eat kids.

The combo shots become unstable when they warm up. Buying from a feed store that does not have them shipped next day air and imediately placed in the cooler is a waste of money. I own four labs and work with a trainer that has 24 labs in training. We take the dogs to the vet for the shots. $50 is high for the combo shot. My vet charged $18 and I had to sign a form stating my dogs were healthy. The $50 price normally includes the exam to establish that your dog is healthy prior to receiving the shot. Ask for details and maybe they will do the shot without the exam. You are taking the responsability on to make sure your dog is healthy before receiving the injection.

Fly Rod

You just have to watch out, b/c sometimes pups have a reaction to shots which requires immediate vetting --

:D

e

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom