Anybody using a "rapid air" system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a friend who just installed the 3/4" rapid air kit. Goes up fast and easy. if you go this rout, you might consider using extra wall clamp to keep from sagging on long runs.

I used the 1" Fast Pipe system from rapid air. Nice quality with no issues.

hmmm... may have to look into these for my new shop. Thanks for the ideas.

Lots of options, and the mentioned product is a good one.

I used regular black iron pipe when I plumbed mine. 3/4" and 1/2". No problems with it for the past 12 years or so. Note: There is a flexible hose between the compressor and the pipe.

Ran lines down to my basement too (disregard the Marlin slug gun if you're a hater...):

Last edited:
Fast pipe was done in a loop system with six double drops and two overhead reels. I did have to build trapeze brackets to clear the I-beams that support the air and water lines. On the opposite side where only the air line required support, I used single pipe brackets drilled into the z-perlins.
The system has been in service for almost 2.5 years with no leak-down. I also used 28' of line as a pre-cooler with inline auto dump prior to entering a refrigeration dryer. The dryer is set up with a by-pass as well and only used during heavy compressor use like CNC plasma cutting or blast cabinet (future purchase or build). What appealed to me was no hot work was needed as I worked on a scaffold with insulation already installed. You can also bend the past pipe to accommodate the center peak of the ceiling. The pipe itself is extruded aluminum finished in a blue powder coat, the compression fittings are teflon and the kit comes with spanners and OD/ID de-burring tool. The lines are offered in 19'-9" or 8'-6". Adding future drops or taps can be done in place.
Heres a link:FASTPIPE - all - shop.rapidairproducts.com

Some photos of my application.

Two kits required as I needed a bit under 300'.
IMG_0464.JPG

These are the trapeze brackets made using 3/8" all-thread 1.5" x 1.5" angle and unistrut with clamps.
IMG_0467.JPG
IMG_0466.JPG

The fast pipe single support is the same all-thread drilled into the z-perlin with loop hanger support.
IMG_0491.JPG

These are the double drop blocks. I would also recommend these Q.D.'s Single hand connect/disconnect made in Sweeden by CEJN.
IMG_0523.JPG

I can only post up five pictures before getting an error....

Last edited:
Wow that rapid pipe looks nice. Its way more then id ever need for my little 24x22 garage haha. PRob gonna pull the trigger on the kit i showed i only need to have 3 drop down so it will be pretty basic.

As mentioned the pipe can be profiled using a conduit bender at the center of the building (peak) and at the regulator offset.
IMG_0498.JPG
IMG_0494.JPG

I also mounted reel on one of the post lift columns.
IMG_0682.JPG

If you have the budget for your dream shop and want trouble a free air system, I would look into Fast pipe.
1911, I hope this helps as it would compliment you new shop build. FWIT, a copper system (thicker wall) would have cost about $150 less and I need clean dry air for my equipment for years to come.
Black pipe is an option, but any moisture will result in encrustation (rusty particles) over time if the system is used heavily.

That's a nice friggin shop! I was thinking this was going to be a less expensive option than copper....interesting !

I've had one of the Rapid Air systems for a couple years now. Home garage. Was easy to install. I have two manifolds and a ceiling reel. Does have a leak or two some where. But works for me. Not as nice as firestopper's tsystem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom