Anybody use M105 trailers? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I measured a bunch, then made my best guess. You could go another inch or two wider, but not narrower. I don't have much room to the inside of the fender.

Keep in mind the axle will derate because of the narrow spring perchs. My 8k axle is derated to 5k or so, and the empty trailer takes up 2k of that.

I measured a bunch, then made my best guess. You could go another inch or two wider, but not narrower. I don't have much room to the inside of the fender.

Keep in mind the axle will derate because of the narrow spring perchs. My 8k axle is derated to 5k or so, and the empty trailer takes up 2k of that.

Thanks for the info, I didn't even think of the derate because of the bed weight. Maybe I should bump up the axle weight. The tires I am running will be 33x12.50r18 general grabber x3's so I want to make sure the axle wont be to short and the tires rub on the inner fender.

Thanks for the info, I didn't even think of the derate because of the bed weight. Maybe I should bump up the axle weight. The tires I am running will be 33x12.50r18 general grabber x3's so I want to make sure the axle wont be to short and the tires rub on the inner fender.
I'll see how tight my tires are tomorrow, they're normal street tires that aren't that wide. You'd probably want a bit wider axle than me. Or higher offset rims.

I'll see how tight my tires are tomorrow, they're normal street tires that aren't that wide. You'd probably want a bit wider axle than me. Or higher offset rims.

I did some measuring last night and my best guess was 78 in hub to hub measurement with the rim/tire setup.

Do you think that's to long? It's a 10in difference from your axle.

Got it rolling, just need to wire lights and brakes up. I'm pretty happy with the finished height and look. It pulls fine empty, though I haven't weighed it yet. Lighter than my boat at least. :p

View attachment 1433034

View attachment 1433036

Great swap, after looking into the m105 and finding this informtaion on the axle swap. im going with the m105. that trailer looks awesome after the swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom