Anybody run RockTrix wheels on your 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been looking for a set of wheels for my 80 as well as a set of 33-35s. Don’t know if those “rocktrix” wheels are any good but they seem to be getting decently popular. I’m shooting for some KMC’s but those rock trix look like a decent budget option. Haven’t seen anybody or another forum mention them ( I looked )
Also If anybody has wheels or tires for sale I’m interested. (NC area). And yes I know classifieds are for buying/selling. Thanks fellas.

I’m finding good reviews online for the Rock Trix wheels. People are saying they hold a bead at around 12 psi and take abuse in the rocks as well as most other wheels. They’re at a good price point too. Here’s a video of a guy that runs 2 separates sets of wheels.

Last edited:
There website is short on design, materials used, load ratings, etc. All I can gather is CNC-milled aluminum. As a comparison, check out the Method Race Wheels website which is chock full of technical specs. The Rock Trix website also does not list a physical address. I assume they are made in China (as are Method and many other quality wheels). If I am shelling out dollars for wheels I would want a lot more information about them.

To save others from future aggravation, these wheels will not work on an 80 series.

Looked a the RT110 wheels over the weekend and decided to pull the trigger on the 17x9, 6x139.7, -12 off set. After placing the order, I saw an asterisk in the details on fitment that they will not work with any of the Toyota vehicles listed that have lock out hubs. This got me thinking of why. So, out of curiosity, I reached out to them and asked that question. It appears that they will not work with 80 series Land Cruisers due to the center bore design. Apparently it is a stepped design and is 106.1mm on the inside face, but not all the way through the bore of the wheel to the outside face.

The representative was very helpful and issued an immediate cancellation and refund. She also confirmed with her manager that they will not work. Kind of bummed out because they make a nice looking product at a pretty reasonable price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom