Any SoCal mudders available to check out of potential platform roof rack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ernboto

My garage is my happy place
SILVER Star
Threads
There is an outfit producing a platform rack for Jeeps that looks like it might be a a viable option for Land Cruisers. It’s produced by Antidote Outdoors and retails for $800. I asked them if they have ever tried one on a Land Cruiser and they have not but we’re willing to try it out. I’m in Northern CA and I’m not sure when I will get down that way with my 60 so I’m wondering if a local mudder would be willing to check it out. The company is located in Placentia, CA.

1651117801305.png

This might work. I think it is going to come down to the lateral adjustment on the rain gutter mounts. I have an african outback that was made for the 80 series, but fits on the 60 series. It meausre 51" wide x 82.5" long. Pics and info are here. This Antidote Outdoor rack is 53" x 87" for the long version.

After using a traditional design full length roof rack for 30 years that’s a basket with approximately a 6 inch railing around the perimeter — I’d never even consider a platform roof rack. Based on my experience with my rack, a platform rack would be a huge downgrade except for carrying surfboards and lumber.
Way up there on top of the roof, you want a railing to keep stuff secured.

(You should fix the title to this thread)

After using a traditional design full length roof rack for 30 years that’s a basket with approximately a 6 inch railing around the perimeter — I’d never even consider a platform roof rack. Based on my experience with my rack, a platform rack would be a huge downgrade except for carrying surfboards and lumber.
Way up there on top of the roof, you want a railing to keep stuff secured.

(You should fix the title to this thread)
Title fixed {stupid auto correct}

Title fixed {stupid auto correct}
If you want a platform rack, I would strongly recommend the ones made by a vendor on Mud... Bowfin Cruisers. Very customizable and useful. I've got one on my '62 and love it.

Last edited:
If you want a platform rack, I would strongly recommend the ones made by a vendor on Mud... Bowfin Cruisers. Very customizable and useful. I've got one on my '62 and love it.

what man doesn't love a good rack....ooops, sorry, wrong thread :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom