Any 100 series pro's out there in the NW side, Got check engine I can't clear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry, blew right past you're post about the p0430. Honestly you might get lucky with an aftermarket cat but that is very rare. Japanese cars have very little tolerance with inefficiency of aftermarket cats. I read or heard in a class somewhere that aftermarket cats are usually about only 80% efficient when new. You will get a p0420/430 when your cat is less than 80%.

If you have room for this, you might want to try it. I haven't put them on 5 or so cars with good results. because that's not legal. <title>O2 Simulator Mini Cat Cel Fix best oxygen sensor simulator made.

Thanks for the input Jeremy, I replaced all the O2 sensors and now have a P0430 which would indicate cat converter inefficiency . It has been going on and off periodically. For this reason I will observe more and do preventative maintenance first before changing the cat. Its 04 LC with only 92k so maybe changing the original plugs and inspecting the PCV will help performance. Still have to schedule in a timing belt change. This vehicle has not reached speeds of over 50 mph in over a month , maybe that might help.

Last edited:
My drive times are usually 15 minutes long or shorter in city traffic. Thanks for the info Gumby!

And it's back to all serious tech.

That's it, I tried.

I'm out!

Now if Hoff will chime in about dick beaters and gizz catchers, all will be right in the world.

This.

I have nothing to add but check for leaks, my tacoma got its panties in a wad when it blew out an exhaust gasket.

Kind of like when we blow out tonys exhuast gasket after he "passes out" at camp.

Thanks, Hoff, I'm back in.
All I wanted was a bit of levity.

Can't bash on a guy that listens and has common sense.

Well, we can, but not till we get to know them first.

Kinda like a dog licking his nuts.

I wish I could do that, too.

But I'm gonna pet him first.

Thanks, Hoff, I'm back in.
All I wanted was a bit of levity.

Can't bash on a guy that listens and has common sense.

Well, we can, but not till we get to know them first.

Kinda like a dog licking his nuts.

I wish I could do that, too.

But I'm gonna pet him first.

Spoken like a true wise man.

I was watching workaholics with aimee last weekend and there is a scene where their co worker bill was teaching them how to.... self service... and aim said gross who would want to do that to them selves. I told her it would relieve alot of life stress and we would have saved a ton of money on a wedding.

Moral of the story, chrck engine lights suck and are a pain in the ass to trouble shoot.

Well, this certainly fills our 2017 tech quota for this clubhouse...

SPRINT CARS... fxxxing awesome. A gift from Vicky and her mom.
Kenny Wallace Dirt Racing Experience

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1206.PNG

Those look like fun!

I'd fxxx that up soooooo fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom