Antilok brakes and trails (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ry24000

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello 80 people. What do you guys who run some rough trails in your 80's do with the anti lock brake system? Run it?
I am preparing a rear from an 80, that has the anti stuff mounted, for my 55. I am pondering what to do , if anything, with the electrical devise factory mounted on the axle flange.
Maybe I should run it!?

I removed mine.

Hello 80 people. What do you guys who run some rough trails in your 80's do with the anti lock brake system? Run it?
I am preparing a rear from an 80, that has the anti stuff mounted, for my 55. I am pondering what to do , if anything, with the electrical devise factory mounted on the axle flange.
Maybe I should run it!?
Well any “rough” trail should involve low range which disables ABS automatically in an 80.

That said, mine has been removed completely for 13+ years

Leave the sensor in place, make a block off plate, or tap a small freeze plug in the hole are your options.
My sensors are still there (doing absolutely nothing useful other than keeping junk out) but will be replaced with block off plugs soon. I removed all of the other components other than the harness and sensors.

Ah...the old blok off plate...why didn't I think of that? thats what I'll do.

Removed with lspv

Really didn't like the abs engaging while going slow.

I would only recommend this to those with threshold braking experience. If your not used to keeping brakes from locking up at hard braking situations.

You can also pull the 60a abs fuse too, I did that for awhile.

Enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom