Another turn signal question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Everything had been working for about 6-8 months when I switched all bulbs to LED and LED turn signal relay. Then I kept blowing the fuse every so often. Then I had to replace the relay. Then another blown fuse and relay. So last week I decided to go old-school and put back original incandescent bulbs and the original relay from 1977. Then it blew another fuse. Left turn signal works fine and hazards work fine. Right turn signal does not blink, a quick buzz sounds like in realy, and turn signal light in dash does not come on when car is running; it worked when car was not running. I dremel-ed all six in tail lights due to rust build up from snow and rain in Ohio. Thanks for any assistance - it is much appreciated.

Any ideas?

check your grounds

Sounds to me that you had an intermittent short to ground. A damaged wire that touches metal where a grommet is missing or something like that.
Now you have a broken wire somewhere. Use a test light and follow where the voltage disappears.

Test light. Looks like a screwdriver but has a light bulb in the grip, a sharp point and a ground cable.
12-volt-test-light.jpg

Rudi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom