Another emmissions thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dimples

I owe my soul to the TRD store.
Threads
So going through emissions testing this last time i noticed that the techs did not even lift the hood on my rig to inspect for equipment. All they did was use a mirror to check for my catalytic converter. Is there a point at which this becomes not standard procedure anymore? My rig is a 91 so it has me thinking maybe some excess weight could come out.

From my experience it seems to be who you get more than what the law is.
Lat year on my 94 they opened the hood for a quick minute didn't do any hard looking. Then got ready to try and do the roller test until i informed them it was all wheel drive. Quick idle sniff test on on my way.

I'm going to be doing my 94 here then next week or two again and will post up what they check.

So going through emissions testing this last time i noticed that the techs did not even lift the hood on my rig to inspect for equipment. All they did was use a mirror to check for my catalytic converter. Is there a point at which this becomes not standard procedure anymore? My rig is a 91 so it has me thinking maybe some excess weight could come out.

Nope, it's generally checked, you can never count on them not doing an equipment check. Unless you go for the historic plates, I don't think they check anything then, but you are restricted on mileage and maybe in other ways.

Nope, it's generally checked, you can never count on them not doing an equipment check. Unless you go for the historic plates, I don't think they check anything then, but you are restricted on mileage and maybe in other ways.

So they were just being lazy. Kind of makes me feel cheated when they don't check all the things they are supposed to though. It also does not help dispel any of the emissions myths that are floating around.

Yeah, with OBDII they don't have to check anything, so I think they forget what they're supposed to do with our antique cars. Frankly, the less they mess with my stuff the happier I am!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom