Annual Ouray camping trip Aug 2 - 6th, 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad we missed all Hundy traffic and had very little wait for construction on 550. I can't imagine running these beautiful trails with crap ton of rigs and all the associated issues that go along with it.

Glad we missed all Hundy traffic and had very little wait for construction on 550. I can't imagine running these beautiful trails with crap ton of rigs and all the associated issues that go along with it.
Was that supposed to be a joke about the 100-series LC? I don't recall any blown head gaskets....

Clearly wasn't a "joke about the 100-Series".

Anyways, let's see some photos from the trip! Myself and a small group of Toyotas will be up there a month from tomorrow.

Was that supposed to be a joke about the 100-series LC? I don't recall any blown head gaskets....

You were joking? Wow, had no idea.

The "issues" were in reference to the "issues when you have a dozen rigs in a group" acting like lost kittens.

Oh yeah, lost kittens for sure. Even though there were bunch of Hundys crawling all over the place a week before you guys were there, it was the ATVs and Side-by-sides that seemed to be the most prolific when we were there. It was a constant battle for trail space. They can travel a lot faster over the terrain than a full-size vehicle so we were constantly being tailgated and passed.

But I would say my biggest frustrations came from people with cute-utes trying to drive all the way up to Animas Forks from Silverton. They all had license plates from somewhere east and really flat and they were terrified to drive more than 5 mph. Then they wouldn't pull over and stop to let anyone by. I ended up being that tailgating jerk to many of them, flashing my lights to get them to get out of the way so others could pass.

Side by Sides are ruining the trails and the experience honestly, I cant stand those fawking things.

...it was the ATVs and Side-by-sides that seemed to be the most prolific when we were there. It was a constant battle for trail space. They can travel a lot faster over the terrain than a full-size vehicle so we were constantly being tailgated and passed.

But I would say my biggest frustrations came from people with cute-utes trying to drive all the way up to Animas Forks from Silverton. They all had license plates from somewhere east and really flat and they were terrified to drive more than 5 mph. Then they wouldn't pull over and stop to let anyone by. I ended up being that tailgating jerk to many of them, flashing my lights to get them to get out of the way so others could pass.

During the height of the season I mostly avoid the popular destinations because of the crowds.

Instead I spend my time poking around areas that are not on the bucket list of a million other folks.

I still have a good time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom