Annoying rattle from overhead panel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HSTexan

GOLD Star
Threads
Spent nearly 12 hours in the drivers seat today and a new rattle nearly drove me insane. It’s coming from the overhead panel where the sunglasses holder, lights, and moonroof controls is located and mainly presents itself at highway speeds. I wedged an old gift card in there to make it stop temporarily, but I’d obviously like to fix it.

Am I correct in my assumption that it’s just plastic push pins holding it up there and I just need to give it a good solid tug? I know there must be a lot of connectors up there for the electrical, just want to make sure before I go yanking on it. Also has anyone else experienced it and how did you fix it?

IMG_8411.jpeg

If I remember correctly, there’s two screws on the inside of the sunglasses holder that need to be taken out then you can yank the console out to see where the rattle is coming from.

If I remember correctly, there’s two screws on the inside of the sunglasses holder that need to be taken out then you can yank the console out to see where the rattle is coming from.
@HSTexan This is correct. Open the sunglass holder and you'll see the two Philips head screws that need to come out before you can start working wiring harness connections loose, taking trim pieces down, etc. There may be one next to each map light as well (but I may be mis-remembering and thinking of my wife's Honda). Either way, pop off the map light plastic pieces too to make sure there's no additional screws there too. Having broken many a trim pieces in the past (ugga bugga - aMiRigHt?), going slow and being deliberate without frustration is key. good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom