Alternator issues (3fe) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

So my alternator went boom in my 91 3fe, and accordingly i bought another alternator to replace it (denso 210-0177). After trying to install the new denso replacement (pictured right) I found out that the mounts are to small.

Does anyone know what I am supposed to do? I can’t find any alternator that is correct for it and there’s no part number on the old one (left side) to look it up.

I am getting the old one rebuilt regardless as I would like to have 2 on my hands for comvienence (I live in Canada).

Thanks.

86840B6C-D946-4C8D-BBBF-8B7F686FA693.png

Hey everyone,

So my alternator went boom in my 91 3fe, and accordingly i bought another alternator to replace it (denso 210-0177). After trying to install the new denso replacement (pictured right) I found out that the mounts are to small.

Does anyone know what I am supposed to do? I can’t find any alternator that is correct for it and there’s no part number on the old one (left side) to look it up.

I am getting the old one rebuilt regardless as I would like to have 2 on my hands for comvienence (I live in Canada).

Thanks.

View attachment 3054564

this will solve your parts issue ........

it has the correct lower pivot tabs spacing u need

1657697357918.png

It looks like your new alternator is a 90 amp and the old is an 80 amp.

Based on part number also

I used the alternator from my FJ62 on my FJ80 when it was hard to get what I needed. To use the 90 amp, you need to modify the upper mount bracket and get or make a different lower mount. I'm going to make a jig and make my own lower mount when I get a little time so I can use the 90 amp I have sitting here. Or, good luck finding the parts. Toyota made them, but they're NLA.

for posterity's sake- I had this same issue after purchasing a new 90 A alternator from cruiser outfitters. An hour or two with a grinder and i was in business. I took off some of the new alternator and some of the mounting bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom