ALL US Landcruiser/LX service manuals 1960-2018 (all years all models) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still would like to get my hands on a full HZJ/FZJ105 manual. The Aussie subscriptions are super expensive.

Cheers
I've got it. On holidays right now, but I'll tell you what, I'll make sure I get the Landcruiser manuals up ASAP when I get back. Got everything that exists in digital form up to last year. Had to write a tool to rewrite half the javascript code to make it work in modern browsers, but all that is done. The only reason it's not all online right now is because I got lazy and lost interest.

I've got it. On holidays right now, but I'll tell you what, I'll make sure I get the Landcruiser manuals up ASAP when I get back. Got everything that exists in digital form up to last year. Had to write a tool to rewrite half the javascript code to make it work in modern browsers, but all that is done. The only reason it's not all online right now is because I got lazy and lost interest.
thank you for working hard to make many manual shop working perfectly and waiting finishing HZJ/FZJ105 I try to keep it for the future if I try to fix my car (in my workplace) ... cheers

Thank you very much looking forward to getting my hands on the 1991 FJ80 FSM have a good vacation!

Do you have repair manual for Landcruiser 70 diesel VDJ78 2020 model or even ?? Highly appreciated if you can share pls ..................... Oh Edited , I just read through the post and found 2017 manual by your new link which you have listed all the manuals on one page and found the 70 series to download, such a legend and truly appreciate this great effort, how to contribute and little make donation for your system ?

Last edited:
Seems offline, "empty response from server".

Anyways, I picked up a service manual from some japanese guy in another forum.
Here is the 2014, 2016 and 2017 GSIC service manual for the 2007+ Land Cruiser 70 series:

It is possible to download it as a ZIP archive:
Then select the green button "code" and the "download ZIP".

If you want to run the service manual locally and offline on your computer/smartphone you need to set up a web server:
  1. Download and install the nginx web server on your Windows PC:
    (nginx is also available for Unix/MacOS, Android etc, so this will work also on non-Windows devices. So this can also work on your smartphone while you are off in the wilderness without connectivity!)
  2. Unpack nginx to your desktop.
  3. Enter nginx directory.
  4. Empty the subfolder "html".
  5. Extract the content of the manual-main.zip archive into the "html" folder.
  6. Open the file "mime.types" in the subfolder "conf" with a pure text editor (editor.exe).
  7. In the 5th line, starting with "text/xml", you will find "xml" at the end of the line. Add a " xsl", so that you have "xml xsl;".
  8. Start the nginx.exe.
  9. In your browser open http://localhost .
  10. Get enlightened.
This was great and I honestly appreciate sharing this for all, absolute legend, I have 3D scanned my Landcruiser Troopy wagon and on my website you can download it for free if any time needed a 3D scan... a question pls for Diesel VDJ78 2020 model is this 2017 manual same ?

This was great and I honestly appreciate sharing this for all, absolute legend, I have 3D scanned my Landcruiser Troopy wagon and on my website you can download it for free if any time needed a 3D scan... a question pls for Diesel VDJ78 2020 model is this 2017 manual same ?
Cool, thanks for sharing the 3D model. I can't use it for the J76, but it's very valuable for many troopy-lovers!
The manual applies to any J7 after 2017. If you choose 2014 or 2016 it applies even to the models which are a year or two older.
Since 2017 there have been made no changes other than for the 70th anniversary model in 2020. These changes were only cosmetic and have no application to technical parts, so no need to update the service manual.

Cool, thanks for sharing the 3D model. I can't use it for the J76, but it's very valuable for many troopy-lovers!
The manual applies to any J7 after 2017. If you choose 2014 or 2016 it applies even to the models which are a year or two older.
Since 2017 there have been made no changes other than for the 70th anniversary model in 2020. These changes were only cosmetic and have no application to technical parts, so no need to update the service manual.
Thanks . aslo Is there any source to find all the toyota part numbers with location of the parts etc... ? seems these repair manuals referring to each part but part number not shown on the diagrams

I've just done a major update at https://toyotamanuals.gitlab.io/toyotamanuals. You'll now find hosted ALL digital manuals for ALL Toyota vehicles which have ever been made available in Australia, I believe Europe/South America, and a lot of them from North America too.

This took a lot of time, work, and money. I had to write custom software to mirror all the manual content, most of it behind subscription paywalls. Then the manuals themselves are generally broken. There are several "generations" of web-based systems here, and all but the latest version is completely broken on anything but a 1999 era version of Internet Explorer. Even if you pay money for a subscription, or manage to buy/acquire a CD for the manuals, it'd still be broken. Well, was broken. I wrote software to update all the scripting to be compatible with a modern browser. Only tested on Google Chrome, but should be ok on other things. This was non-trivial and very time consuming, as some of these systems were very complex. It makes the manuals fully accessible now though, and there are some very, very cool features on some of these digital manuals. Check out the "XmlWeb" versions, like this 200 Series LandCruiser Manual. The interactive wiring diagrams in particular are very slick.

All the manuals are now hosted online, with full functionality, so you can browse them without downloading anything. This took a bit of work too, as some of the larger manuals are pretty big, and there's a 1GB limit for hosted sites on GitLab which I'm using to put these online. Where the manuals run out of space, the hosted versions downsample the image quality to make it fit. This keeps it available online for everyone, with a slight reduction in quality.

Every manual can be downloaded too, and you'll find a download link next to every manual on the webpage. This'll give you a zip file. Just extract it, and then execute the "RunLocal.cmd" file. On Windows, this will automatically host the website on a local webserver, and launch your web browser to view it. This will give you a faster, smoother experience than the online hosted versions, without any loss of image quality, and you'll have your own copy forever in case this gets nuked off the internet.

In terms of LandCruiser manuals, this site has all the content for the 70, 100, 120, 150, 200, and 300 series. What's missing is the stuff that Toyota never ever digitized, which is the 80 series and earlier non-US manuals, the 90 series prado, and some of the very early 70 series stuff. A lot of that is already out there in some form or other, and I'll eventually put it up on the site too. And as for what's not available online at all right now, that's where this comes in:
1688200191534.png

That's a future project, but I'd like to scan everything here that's not out there already. I have (in one form or another), all chassis manuals and wiring diagrams for the 70, 80, and 90 series, as well as extras like new car feature manuals, transmission manuals, engine manuals, etc. And the same for the 5th generation Hilux and 2nd generation 4Runner.

Anyway, enjoy.

I've just done a major update at https://toyotamanuals.gitlab.io/toyotamanuals. You'll now find hosted ALL digital manuals for ALL Toyota vehicles which have ever been made available in Australia, I believe Europe/South America, and a lot of them from North America too.
You did absolute amazing job mate and for sure these will serve the Toyota community for years and years Salute, I would like to contribute to your hard work and send you something I guess you need to set a donation as option or as you like on the link let me know if you did, for 70s, 2017 model manual is latest available? Also do you have any main source to be able to see the landcruiser 70 part numbers? I need 2020 models VDJ78 if you have any access?

Last edited:
You did absolute amazing job mate and for sure these will serve the Toyota community for years and years Salute, I would like to contribute to your hard work and send you something I guess you need to set a donation as option or as you like on the link let me know if you did, for 70s, 2017 model manual is latest available? Also do you have any main source to be able to see the landcruiser 70 part numbers? I need 2020 models VDJ78 if you have any access?
For the parts catalog, check this post I did back on the first page:
That has download links for the Toyota Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC). It was current in 2021, so it'll have the models you're after.

Don't worry about a donation. I'll share this material, but taking money for it doesn't sit right with me.

This took a lot of time, work, and money. I had to write custom software to mirror all the manual content, most of it behind subscription paywalls. Then the manuals themselves are generally broken. There are several "generations" of web-based systems here, and all but the latest version is completely broken on anything but a 1999 era version of Internet Explorer. Even if you pay money for a subscription, or manage to buy/acquire a CD for the manuals, it'd still be broken. Well, was broken. I wrote software to update all the scripting to be compatible with a modern browser. Only tested on Google Chrome, but should be ok on other things. This was non-trivial and very time consuming, as some of these systems were very complex. It makes the manuals fully accessible now though, and there are some very, very cool features on some of these digital manuals. Check out the "XmlWeb" versions, like this 200 Series LandCruiser Manual. The interactive wiring diagrams in particular are very slick.

All the manuals are now hosted online, with full functionality, so you can browse them without downloading anything. This took a bit of work too, as some of the larger manuals are pretty big, and there's a 1GB limit for hosted sites on GitLab which I'm using to put these online. Where the manuals run out of space, the hosted versions downsample the image quality to make it fit. This keeps it available online for everyone, with a slight reduction in quality.

Every manual can be downloaded too, and you'll find a download link next to every manual on the webpage. This'll give you a zip file. Just extract it, and then execute the "RunLocal.cmd" file. On Windows, this will automatically host the website on a local webserver, and launch your web browser to view it. This will give you a faster, smoother experience than the online hosted versions, without any loss of image quality, and you'll have your own copy forever in case this gets nuked off the internet.

In terms of LandCruiser manuals, this site has all the content for the 70, 100, 120, 150, 200, and 300 series. What's missing is the stuff that Toyota never ever digitized, which is the 80 series and earlier non-US manuals, the 90 series prado, and some of the very early 70 series stuff. A lot of that is already out there in some form or other, and I'll eventually put it up on the site too. And as for what's not available online at all right now, that's where this comes in:
View attachment 3362607
That's a future project, but I'd like to scan everything here that's not out there already. I have (in one form or another), all chassis manuals and wiring diagrams for the 70, 80, and 90 series, as well as extras like new car feature manuals, transmission manuals, engine manuals, etc. And the same for the 5th generation Hilux and 2nd generation 4Runner.

Anyway, enjoy.
Really a wonderful job!!

I hope you will also put online the old manual for the 40 and 60 series

View attachment 3362607

Anyway, enjoy.
This is amazing! I'm noticing that the UZJ100 / 100 Series is one of the only files that's not hosted on the web. I'm too much of a n00b to know how to open/navigate these files after I download. Can you help?

I'm looking to get my first 80 series this weekend, and thanks to you I have the confidence to do all the maintenance!

The download took forever because it kept getting time delayed since I wouldn't pay, but other than that it was smooth and I really appreciate the effort!

Seems offline, "empty response from server".

Anyways, I picked up a service manual from some japanese guy in another forum.
Here is the 2014, 2016 and 2017 GSIC service manual for the 2007+ Land Cruiser 70 series:

It is possible to download it as a ZIP archive:
Then select the green button "code" and the "download ZIP".

If you want to run the service manual locally and offline on your computer/smartphone you need to set up a web server:
  1. Download and install the nginx web server on your Windows PC:
    (nginx is also available for Unix/MacOS, Android etc, so this will work also on non-Windows devices. So this can also work on your smartphone while you are off in the wilderness without connectivity!)
  2. Unpack nginx to your desktop.
  3. Enter nginx directory.
  4. Empty the subfolder "html".
  5. Extract the content of the manual-main.zip archive into the "html" folder.
  6. Open the file "mime.types" in the subfolder "conf" with a pure text editor (editor.exe).
  7. In the 5th line, starting with "text/xml", you will find "xml" at the end of the line. Add a " xsl", so that you have "xml xsl;".
  8. Start the nginx.exe.
  9. In your browser open http://localhost .
  10. Get enlightened.
Does someone have something like this for how to view OFFLINE on android/iOS mobile devices?

Does someone have something like this for how to view OFFLINE on android/iOS mobile devices?
Yes.
I may write up a full tutorial some day, for now try this rough guide:
Install f-droid
Install termux through f-droid
Within termux install nginx (pkg install nginx)
Put the files of the service manual in the nginx web server path
Start nginx by typing "nginx" in the termux terminal
Open browser and enjoy a super fast service manual on a tiny screen 😉

Imagepipe_12.jpg

Yes.
I may write up a full tutorial some day, for now try this rough guide:
Install f-droid
Install termux through f-droid
Within termux install nginx (pkg install nginx)
Put the files of the service manual in the nginx web server path
Start nginx by typing "nginx" in the termux terminal
Open browser and enjoy a super fast service manual on a tiny screen 😉

View attachment 3430990
A good guide, should be enough to get some more tech savvy users started. Be aware, to properly support some of the older manuals, you need to add gzip encoding headers for svgz files, which probably isn't configured out of the box. This page seems like it might have the way to do that, but you'll have to do some work in the server config:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom