Alignment advice (toe spec with 37s) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been having some issues with steering wheel wobble after installing my slee 4” lift and switching over to 37s. It was terrible when I had what I assume was the stock length tie rod and drag link right after switching over to the lift/tires. I knew the toe was not set in the right place but I knew my tie rods were done and the front axle needed a rebuild so I figured I would change those out first. Since then I’ve rebuilt the front axle, installed marlin crawler Marlinks ( set currently to the top of the FSM spec for toe), and installed a tom woods double cardan front DS. I am going to take it to an alignment shop but I was to give them a value for the toe based on what others with 37s and similar lifts have had success with. From what I’ve found searching people just say set it to the top of the FSM spec but don’t state a value. I’m not sure if the alignment shop would know what to set it at. Let me know what your toe is currently set as so I can finally get this thing driving straight again.

I would do it yourself and set it between 1/8” to 1/4”. Super easy to do, it’s free and you can adjust to your liking. If you take it to a shop, just have them set it at 3/16.

I would do it yourself and set it between 1/8” to 1/4”. Super easy to do, it’s free and you can adjust to your liking. If you take it to a shop, just have them set it at 3/16.

Thanks! Yeah it’s easy to do but I figured I was just boogering something up since I’ve changed so much on the front end. Checked it all today and set it at a little less than .250”.

Steering wheel wobble is not caused by toe. Tire out of balance or out of round, steering joint/box play, not tight enough trunion bearings are things that could.

I’m just fu:censor:ing stupid and forgot to torque the Panhard bolts. Now it drives straight as an arrow up to 85mph. So add that to the list of what could cause steering wheel wobble. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom