Alaska Off-Road Warriors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Website
www.lubedealer.com
watched a recorded episode last night....was okay...lots of drama and over the top reactions of guys driving vehicles with little to no forethought on actually having to survive based on one is overheating before they get an hour into the competition....another bent his tie-rod with no backups and bent it back but is still nailing the obstacles like it is still as strong as before...and another had front end snap apart where rusted after running over multiple trees that were as big as my leg. Not sure how they plan on making it the entire way unless there is a support team we are not seeing....

They do have two 4Runners and an FJ55....plus a old Jeep and a Land Rover D90.

My household was thinking the same thing, Brock. And to the Rover guy, don't claim to be a Tread Lightly advocate about chopping trees fallen across the trail, and then go blasting down a river like you're a tugboat!

No s***....he was pissed about trees BLOCKING the trail...not like they were going into VIRGIN FORESTS and knocking over trees that were off trail from what I saw.....they were trees that were pushed over or blown over but still alive blocking the trail system. Exactly...Tread Lightly applies to trees.....going OFF TRAIL to pass your competitor in open areas...and hauling ass through rivers where silt is already a natural problem and dont need extra help. LOL

Be interested in seeing which of the makeshift, poorly maintained vehicles actually makes it and whether there is any OUTSIDE support as they sure are not carrying welders and spare driveshafts and tie rods in their vehicles for carnage...but sure are going balls to wall and reckless as if they have all the parts and equipment they need to fix anything. Makes you wonder how much is actual events and how much is scripted.

The show was interesting but the defender 90 breaking suspension parts was no surprise and a 4 cylinder 4runner is not exactly an off-road machine. I like seeing the show but pretty funny how you would go off into the bush with one spare. The first year I went to URE I brought two spares but I needed a water pump instead.

The drivers seem to be missing some brain cells. I just caught some episodes on my roku it has a few aval for preview
There seems to be enough vehicle and off-road drama but for the masses of tv watchers they need to drivers to act like idiots.

I hope they wheel responsibly but the jeep guy seems to keep driving on virgin ground and digging in the perma frost. in a couple shots they didn't use tree savers.

It would be cool of one driver had some brains like the British top gear guys.

I find it far more entertaining than the crap I'd otherwise be watching... Plus, I'd never heard of a land anchor before. If I'd had one a few weeks ago, I could have saved my diff on the 100. Land anchor = $600, New differential = $3000. I know where I might be investing some money. Plus, I'm going to figure out how, exactly, @BBQ BOY gets his hands on the winch switch! :grinpimp:

I told you to call me and i'll show you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom