Alarm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Update: cleaned all connections and applied dielectric grease at passenger side kick panel and everything is up and working. There was no sign of water intrusion but i did install a roof rack and new Windshield and will look into those places.

This morning my key fob wouldn't open door. I was able to use the actual key to open the door and start but alarm won't stop, mirrors don't function, steering doesn't move to preset and red key light flashes on dash. I changed fobs, new batteries and able to drive with alarm horn disconnected. It rained last night but passenger floor board is dry. Now what ??

20231130_163443.jpg

Last edited:
You might not be seeing water that has gotten into the connectors behind the passenger kick panel.
Would be worth taking off the panel to have a look, the symptoms are pointing to this as the likely problem.
I had the same problem, took a look and sure enough this was the issue. Cleaned out the contacts with a hair dryer, added dielectric grease, problem solved.

Clean out the sunroof drains if you haven't done so in a while, that should help.

You might not be seeing water that has gotten into the connectors behind the passenger kick panel.
Would be worth taking off the panel to have a look, the symptoms are pointing to this as the likely problem.
I had the same problem, took a look and sure enough this was the issue. Cleaned out the contacts with a hair dryer, added dielectric grease, problem solved.

Clean out the sunroof drains if you haven't done so in a while, that should help.
I did pull the panel and didn't really see any moisture. I will pull it apart further and look with more detail. What is best way or procedure for cleaning sunroof drains ?

How old is your battery?

20231130_163443.jpg

I did pull the panel and didn't really see any moisture. I will pull it apart further and look with more detail. What is best way or procedure for cleaning sunroof drains ?
There are a few ways it can be done, I just use compressed air. Didn't have any issue with using up to 150 psi, but careful not to blow the drain lines off.
If you didn't see any moisture when you detached the plugs you took a picture of, or green corrosion from former water ingress, then it's probably not the issue.

There are a few ways it can be done, I just use compressed air. Didn't have any issue with using up to 150 psi, but careful not to blow the drain lines off.
If you didn't see any moisture when you detached the plugs you took a picture of, or green corrosion from former water ingress, then it's probably not the issue.
Thanks for the help and hope to get things figured out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom