Builds AK HJ-75 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Painted the rear wall with 033 but it’s too white. Will re paint with Stone White when I get back from work

028C2698-EEB0-4E87-BFBD-4272C49052F7.jpeg

270FC0DC-6BDA-48C5-9B1B-B30C91D99339.jpeg

CB88F217-5AA6-41B6-B560-AEA983BAFEC2.jpeg

325B0299-CCCE-44B8-8AA4-A7C260883813.jpeg

Parabolics huh? I imagine some of the folks here will have Q's once you get some miles on.

What do you need instructions for? Take parts off, put parts on, wonder what the extra parts are for, no problem.
Would just be faster if there were instructions like “use p/n abc with the front springs “ put the wrong almost same part in the wrong place so just takes more time. Or label front/rear or label front package parts and rear package parts.

Which should I use?
I'm definitely not an expert, the synthetic ones are called polyurethane I believe, here's what a quick google search says, "Rubber bushings have more “give” and eliminate most noise and vibration making the suspension cushier. Poly bushings hold the suspension components tighter which is better for handling and alignment but the downside is more vibration making its way from the road to the driver."

Rubber will wear out faster in the long run, a leaf-sprung Land Cruiser can only ride so well, I really have no clue how much of a difference the rubber would make vs the poly. I personally have gone with poly bushings whenever given the option so they will last longer, it's not like these are luxury vehicles lol.

I'm definitely not an expert, the synthetic ones are called polyurethane I believe, here's what a quick google search says, "Rubber bushings have more “give” and eliminate most noise and vibration making the suspension cushier. Poly bushings hold the suspension components tighter which is better for handling and alignment but the downside is more vibration making its way from the road to the driver."

Rubber will wear out faster in the long run, a leaf-sprung Land Cruiser can only ride so well, I really have no clue how much of a difference the rubber would make vs the poly. I personally have gone with poly bushings whenever given the option so they will last longer, it's not like these are luxury vehicles lol.
I have always heard that poly bushings are stiffer, but will wear out faster than rubber ones.

My poly bushings are only a year old and they already have enough slop to make a clunk sound as I whip the steering wheel around or go up over a curb.
I will switch to rubber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom