AirDownGearUp SS1: Storage, Sleeper and Drawer System for GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, even cooler than I realized! Thanks for sharing those photos @Kyle Bell and @suprarx7nut . What would pricing be for just the base plate? Thanks!
$900 shipped for the HDPE floor plate, aluminum anchors, carbon fiber-nylon angle adapters (for front 3rd row seat mounts) and hardware to mount it all to the body.

Also note that the side areas behind the wheel well have a nice shelf and wall integrated into our drawer system. With just the floor plate by itself those areas rear of the wheel well would be left open (and if I'm being self-critical, ugly). We do have some tab slot cutouts along the line where we planned to add a wall to the floorplate before we realized the wall and shelf were much nicer on the frame of our drawers. Those slots in the floor plate could be used to fab up something of your own if you're not using our drawers.

Send us an email if you'd like to get an order going for the floor plate by itself. We might get a listing published eventually, but for now we can invoice via email.

info@airdowngearup.com
Do you have the 3D printed end caps with the 3rd row removed for the GX available? I didn't see them on the website.
$80 shipped. Similar to the floor plate, we don't have a listing, but shoot us an email and we can get you an invoice.
info@airdowngearup.com

1649857941659.png

$900 shipped for the HDPE floor plate, aluminum anchors, carbon fiber-nylon angle adapters (for front 3rd row seat mounts) and hardware to mount it all to the body.

Also note that the side areas behind the wheel well have a nice shelf and wall integrated into our drawer system. With just the floor plate by itself those areas rear of the wheel well would be left open (and if I'm being self-critical, ugly). We do have some tab slot cutouts along the line where we planned to add a wall to the floorplate before we realized the wall and shelf were much nicer on the frame of our drawers. Those slots in the floor plate could be used to fab up something of your own if you're not using our drawers.

Send us an email if you'd like to get an order going for the floor plate by itself. We might get a listing published eventually, but for now we can invoice via email.

info@airdowngearup.com

$80 shipped. Similar to the floor plate, we don't have a listing, but shoot us an email and we can get you an invoice.
info@airdowngearup.com

View attachment 2980243
Email sent, thanks.

info@airdowngearup.com

info@airdowngearup.com

View attachment 2980243
Nice of you to send a pic of my end caps being printed. ;) Can't wait to get my SS1.

Nice of you to send a pic of my end caps being printed. ;) Can't wait to get my SS1.
Literally printing your fiberglass reinforced carbon fiber-nylon brackets now for the front seat anchor mounts. We still have a few systems in front of yours, but we're getting components compiled!

1649945044445.png

1649945061505.png

We have officially released our standard GX470 offering! We completed all of our development work and are now ready to offer this as a standard product. Here are a few details and pictures from our most recent install. Let us know what you think! You can order this system here:

• Full extension, ball bearing, lock in-lock out slides: Effortless access to ALL of your gear. A lot of systems lose access to a significant portion of the drawer because they do not have true full extension slides
  • LARGE drawers: We were able to extend the drawers to 36inches deep, combined with the full-extension slides, you can get ALOT of gear in these drawers
  • top-side Wing Access to side cubbies: a great place to stash more gear!
  • Slide out table: Perfect for creating a psuedo tailgate on the GX. You can extend the Slide Out Table even with the drawer closed to provide a work surface for cameras, coffee, etc
  • Integrated, quick deploying sleeper: as far as we know, this is the only convertible, integrated sleeping/drawer system on the market. Simply fold the 2nd row seats down and flip the sleeper out. This takes less than one minute
  • retains 2nd row recline: we designed the system to retain about half of the total recline capability of the 2nd row
  • Made in the USA: Proudly made in Colorado!
20220415_172648.jpg

20220415_120056.jpg

20220415_172648.jpg

20220415_120029.jpg

20220415_172532.jpg

What is total weight and how bad do they rattle?

Curious whether there is any advantage over say, Dobinson's which are considerably cheaper and appear to be more durable.

What is total weight and how bad do they rattle?
Total weight for the system comes in right at 120pounds, which coincidentally is just about what the 3rd row weighs.

I'm glad you asked about rattles! I can say with confidence there are no rattles with this system. That was integral to the design of the system through and through. We use threaded metal inserts for all the connections, keeping everything nice and tight structurally, and then any contact point that isn't bolted gets neoprene foam tape or rubber bumpers (for the stowed sleeper). Even the drawer dividers have a tricky design feature that locks them into place in the drawers.

Looks great but no way I’d pay close to 3k for drawers. Bummer.
For the GX470 we've got pricing at $1999.99 without sleeper and $2,199.99 with sleeper. Shipping for most folks in the US is right around $200.

The GX460 is more expensive because of the third row/floor plate situation, but thankfully the GX470 carries a lower price tag and falls in line with most all our other systems in terms of pricing given it's more typical floor situation.

*edited pricing to update it to current prices as of 4-21-2022

Last edited:
Good to know and good luck with your product. Dobinsons prices more in line with what I’d pay for drawers but yours do look great.

Good to know and good luck with your product. Dobinsons prices more in line with what I’d pay for drawers but yours do look great.
Sure, understood. The Dobinsons and ARB type drawers offer a heavier alternative with limited drawer access at a lower price point and we're ok with that.

If you're aiming for a lower price point they may be a good option. If your goal is a sleek and maximally functional system all made in the USA, we've got you covered. :)

We have seen more and more customers interested in our Seat-Delete kit, so I wanted to share a few pictures and a video we put together to describe our offering!

The concept is to allow the use of the sleeper with the 2nd row removed. We offer this in multiple width configurations: Full width, 50/50 and 60/40. The seat delete kit attaches to the platform structure, so it can be retro-fitted to existing systems. The kit can be bolted on without the need to uninstall the platform/drawers from the vehicle, which makes install/removal of the kit simple enough that you can reasonably swap it in/out for weekend trips as needed.

The pictures/Video are all from a 200 series Landcruiser, but the design carries over to the GX as well; just different sizes but all the same functionality.

Here's a link to the video with more details:

20220503_122443.jpg

20220503_122606.jpg

20220503_120658.jpg

We have seen more and more customers interested in our Seat-Delete kit, so I wanted to share a few pictures and a video we put together to describe our offering!

The concept is to allow the use of the sleeper with the 2nd row removed. We offer this in multiple width configurations: Full width, 50/50 and 60/40. The seat delete kit attaches to the platform structure, so it can be retro-fitted to existing systems. The kit can be bolted on without the need to uninstall the platform/drawers from the vehicle, which makes install/removal of the kit simple enough that you can reasonably swap it in/out for weekend trips as needed.

The pictures/Video are all from a 200 series Landcruiser, but the design carries over to the GX as well; just different sizes but all the same functionality.

Here's a link to the video with more details:

20220503_122443.jpg

20220503_122606.jpg

20220503_120658.jpg

UPS showed up today with 6 enormous boxes. It took much longer to receive than I initially expected, but I'm happy to support a small American business. I've only unboxed everything, but so far I'm impressed. Everything seems precise with tight tolerances. There are printed instructions with color photos including steps for 3rd row removal (which I did a couple months ago). So much hardware was included, all separated in ziplocks and labeled. No wood screws. Everything goes together with machine screws, T-nuts, threaded inserts, or nuts and bolts. They even included ball end Allen wrenches and thread locker. I love the attention to detail and can't wait to assemble everything. I'll add more photos of installation to my build thread when I get started.
PXL_20220601_230503868.jpg

UPS showed up today with 6 enormous boxes. It took much longer to receive than I initially expected, but I'm happy to support a small American business. I've only unboxed everything, but so far I'm impressed. Everything seems precise with tight tolerances. There are printed instructions with color photos including steps for 3rd row removal (which I did a couple months ago). So much hardware was included, all separated in ziplocks and labeled. No wood screws. Everything goes together with machine screws, T-nuts, threaded inserts, or nuts and bolts. They even included ball end Allen wrenches and thread locker. I love the attention to detail and can't wait to assemble everything. I'll add more photos of installation to my build thread when I get started.
View attachment 3023072
Glad to see it arrived in good shape! Packaging a product like that is painful, but we take it seriously.

The GX460 instructions are still rather fresh so please reach out via email or phone if you get tripped up on a step. We're always happy to walk you through it.

Glad to see it arrived in good shape! Packaging a product like that is painful, but we take it seriously.

The GX460 instructions are still rather fresh so please reach out via email or phone if you get tripped up on a step. We're always happy to walk you through it.
The packaging was pretty impressive. Only issue I've seen is the aluminum trim for the plywood top was scuffed where it was in contact with the rails. It'll get scuffed anyway, so it doesn't bother me. May want to consider packing it separately, or wrapping it in something.

I started with the floor installation and got tripped up a couple of times, but it wasn't a big deal. I can provide more specifics once I go through everything. Biggest thing was that the front anchor bar was machined on the finished side. Not a big deal since it'll be covered up, but I started to install it upside down (with the writing up like the photo) and had to put the brackets on the other side and flip it around. It's nice to have something resembling a floor again and the flush fit with the back door seal is nice.
PXL_20220602_030454019.jpg

The packaging was pretty impressive. Only issue I've seen is the aluminum trim for the plywood top was scuffed where it was in contact with the rails. It'll get scuffed anyway, so it doesn't bother me. May want to consider packing it separately, or wrapping it in something.

I started with the floor installation and got tripped up a couple of times, but it wasn't a big deal. I can provide more specifics once I go through everything. Biggest thing was that the front anchor bar was machined on the finished side. Not a big deal since it'll be covered up, but I started to install it upside down (with the writing up like the photo) and had to put the brackets on the other side and flip it around. It's nice to have something resembling a floor again and the flush fit with the back door seal is nice.
View attachment 3023211
The intent is for that front edge of the black floor to rest on *top* of the machined anchor bar. It's a slight incline/bend for the floor, but that's intentional. Keeping things in tension avoids rattles and squeaks. :) I'm not sure if that will be problematic upside down like your photo, but my intent with that feature was to have the HDPE on top of the aluminum.

Annoyingly I don't seem to have a single picture showing the aluminum and HDPE together.

Either way should work fine.

Also note, those rear anchor bar bolts in the center will have to come back out once you get the system frame in place so that you can install the printed center rail brace.

Trim piece: Yes, that will likely get new scratches of its own soon enough.

Final tip of the night: leave your side wall OEM panel things in place before you put the system in. Our cargo divider shelves are made to sit right on top of the OEM shelves and putting the OEM shelves in place after the system frame is in place is more difficult than it needs to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom