airbag light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My airbag light blinks constantly while driving and didn't do so until we put my amp (for the new system) under the front passenger set, could it be something simple?:confused:

Thanks

My airbag light blinks constantly while driving and didn't do so until we put my amp (for the new system) under the front passenger set, could it be something simple?:confused:

Thanks

Hopefully it is. My dad's 03 hundy lit up two weeks ago. Price to fix the "harness" issue was $680 at the toyota dealer plus a $145 diagnosis fee:mad:

that is insane.:bang:

I hope mine is nothing like that, any way I can check it?

We took it to two other mechanics in the area and they could not diagnose it, which is why we brought it to toyota. I think(for safety's sake) your bring it to toyota, dont risk any airbag malfunctions:censor:

It didn't start doing it until that front passenger seat came out though....so maybe something didn't get put back correctly?? Anything down there that I can check?

cut to desired length and apply

TheBlackTape.jpg

I am no help with your issue. Sorry

Look for yellow connectors. Best to disconnect battery 15 minutes earlier to be on the safe side, before fiddling with a yellow connector.

Passenger seat? Could it be the seat belt tensioner (explosive) thingy?
Or just the seat occupancy sensor?

Can anybody provide more specific guidance on how to address the BLINKING airbag / SRS dash light on my 1998 LC?

I had not driven the LC for a few days. When I started it yesterday, the airbag light just started blinking for no apparent reason.

It blinks slowly whenever the car is on.

I will check for loose connections around the seats (seat occupancy sensor? seat position sensor?), but I am not really sure specifically where to look.

Anybody else had this happen?
Any advice on other areas to check?

What does the blinking light mean as opposed to the constant on?
(I do not have a manual handy to look this up.)

Any guidance or advice on how to get rid of the blinking airbag /SRS light on my dashboard will be appreciated. :cheers:

Okay, thanks.

I "read" the code using instructions in the FSM.

By counting the blinks, I get code 61: Short To Ground or Earth In P/T Airbag or explosive module RH Circuit

I guess this points to a problem with the passenger seatbelt pretensioner or explosive "squib" circuit.

The light is still blinking, and the code would not clear using the procedure in the FSM.

Any advice on how to check the seatbelt pretensioner or passenger side squib circuit will be appreciated.

For now, I am just driving it w the blinking airbag light.
I will check for bad connections around the passenger seat later this week.

Hopefully, I will not have to bring it into the shop for this.
But as it a safety issue and my wife drives the truck sometimes, I need to get it fixed ASAP.

Thanks for any advice related to my blinking airbag light.

I think the sensor in your seat is out of whack. It will need to be on a scan tool to see what the problem is. I assume you disconnected and reconnected the harness already? Did you disconnect the battery when the amp repair was done?

I think the sensor in your seat is out of whack. It will need to be on a scan tool to see what the problem is. I assume you disconnected and reconnected the harness already? Did you disconnect the battery when the amp repair was done?

Seems that I was stupid for not disconnecting my battery whilst working on my radio/amp? At one point I did manage to blow the radio fuse :doh: but thankfully I had a 15A spare... just need to replace it with the 20 again.

To be short, in my experience... Step one, disconnect the battery. Especially if you are working on electronics.

this thread has become a real mess, but:

I have identified the cause of the blinking airbag light in my 98 LC.
It is the passenger side seatbelt pretensioner.

It looks like I have to buy and replace the whole passenger side seatbelt assembly:
73210-60451-A0 BELT & RETRACTOR RIGHT

Unless somebody can suggest a way to fix the old seatbelt assembly to make the airbag light stop blinking.... any ideas will be appreciated.

Has anybody fixed or replaced the front seatbelt assembly on their 100 series?

Is there anything I should know about this before ordering the part and replacing the old seatbelt assembly?

thanks

The connectors are on the bottom. The passenger seat has a weight sensor to activate the air bag. My guess, they clipped a wire, or shorted something out.

The seat belt itself is not electronic. It locks the belt when it sees high rate of acceleration or angles (tilt sensor).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom