Air Bag Helpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.lentelconstruction.com
So we finally picked up the trailer we've thought about for 3 or 4 years. Even though it weighs a little less than 2300 lbs I think once I load it the 80 will be sitting low in the back. I am wondering if adding air bag help in the coil will reduce the capability of the cruiser off road. Don't think I want to do it if that is the case. Does anyone have experience with air bags in the coils and if so what are your thoughts?

IMG_20170313_1550572.jpg

AirLift Air Lift 1000 Rear Coil Spring - 60728

It might tow a bit better with drop hitch, I'd want that trailer to pull more level.
Just my opinion, FWIW

It might tow a bit better with drop hitch, I'd want that trailer to pull more level.
Just my opinion, FWIW

That photo has an 8" drop hitch. The cruiser looks worse in the photo than it is but I am concerned when I load it it will be down quite a bit. The trailer dry weight is actually 2170 lbs and the hitch weight is 250 lbs. Maybe I need taller tires on the trailer?

Maybe measure the height difference on the trailer, front compared to rear to see how uneven it is. Maybe
the pic makes the trailer look more pitched up than it is. Maybe illusion. Lower trailer is a better towing trailer.
Certainly a slightly taller tire would be ok, maybe a 1" longer shackle on the trailer springs?
Anyway to shift contents in trailer to reduce tongue weight, but you'd want to test drive that for feel.
I hate it when the trailer 'bobs' on the hitch because it's too light.

I guess I'll have to do a test run with it fully loaded. A 70 lb bike rack and 4 bikes on the back of the trailer may help that tongue weight.

You specify the orange racing stripes on that thing, Mr. van Rockefeller? Maybe we should swap rear springs. These things Tetu sold me are too stiff...(Calm down lance...)

^^good idea. New or overload springs would be mandatory to start.

You specify the orange racing stripes on that thing, Mr. van Rockefeller? Maybe we should swap rear springs. These things Tetu sold me are too stiff...(Calm down lance...)

We did have a colour option. Predictable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom