AHC & Stability Control System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does removing the AHC suspension and installing standard shocks impact the stability control system?

Sorry if already covered...

The AHC/AVS ecu uses the same FR & FL wheel speed and steering angle signals as the ABS/VSC ecu. It also uses the stop light input and adjusts damping and front/rear height as a function of constant velocity, acceleration, negative acceleration, braking, steering angle and wheel to chassis displacement. So to answer your question AHC/AVS does impact the VSC response to a slip situation and VSC impacts the AHC/AVS response to that same situation - they are independent systems but function in unison.
Example: You get into a slip situation and the ABS/VSC brakes driver side F wheel, cuts throttle etc and you've got some steering wheel angle on to keep the front wheels heading in the desired direction of travel. At the same time AHC/AVS has stiffened the front damping and isolated the left and right sides to reduce body roll to assist in controlling the slip.

Paddo, thanks for the explanation. This is good to know.

How does this react to installation of regular suspension? I just removed the ahc 2 days ago and installed 865s and torsion bars in my wifes 03 lx
its been snowing and she thought the vsc going off was because she was slipping I drove it yesterday and it went off randomly and frequently and it was and is dangerous to drive. First day of lift the AHC read on the dash as in high position with no flashing lights and no VSC problems 2nd day -yesterday light is in neutral position and OFF is flashing and VSC starts kicking in. Anyone have suggestions ? Ive found a few threads on the vsc but no answers . I am hoping to get it to the garage and try lowering the front a bit as it sits now there is no rake which I'm hoping might be issue. Anyone done the lift and experienced this? Any help greatly appreciated as for now I'm keeping her from driving it
Thanks

Just to clarify - you removed the AHC/AVS shock actuators too and replaced with conventional shocks? Did the vehicle's height actually change from day one to day two? Anyways, I'd ensure a front wheel speed sensor/harness wasn't inadvertently damaged in the process, pull the 50A AHC pump fuse and the AHC B fuse, disconnect the harnesses from the AHC ECU and importantly do a zero point recalibration by clearing its memory.

Last edited:
Took to shop alignment was way out ??? new guy did my alignment 1st time. Recalibrated. No vsc problems yet but my steering wheel is off to the right again. Was there through whole process -used to be alignment tech /mechanic there years ago. Odd because its off a lot. Good enough for now I'll go back in a few weeks after it settles for good. Its sitting at 36" rear fender 35&1/4" front Still wondering why it read HI setting and no off flashing and now at neutral its flashing? Wondering if I raised it up would it read HI and stop flashing off? For now I'll pull fuses when I get a chance.

With an 03 LX you'll need to do/have done a VGRS recalibration to center the steering wheel and reset the VGRS steering angle in memory. The AHC ecu is as confused as hell with the work you've done so it should be properly disabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom